Possible Trade the FJR ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman09

Reaction score
I know first off don't do it.

There' a guy on C/L wanting to trade his 07 VFR with 13k for FJR.

He's asking $6000.00 or trade. I e-mailed him for, his VFR for my FJR

and $6500.00 in cash to me. The FJR has 11k mileage.

What do you think............ :unsure:

I think at first you'll be happy. Pretty common with ANY new bike in the garage.

But within a month or two, keep away from sharp objects. You'll be wanting to slit your wrists when you fully comprehend the depth of your folly.

A poll would help here.

What do you want to do? What best in the long run? IS short term change more important at this time? Maybe just a change of pace (IMHO at that rate you'll never be satisfied)? Does it matter what the forum thinks? Do what's best for you. ;)

IMO you'll get so many varied opinions, form so many very different folks, in different situations, you won't know what to do. Does that help you? :unsure:

Just sayin'. :blink:

I know first off don't do it.

There' a guy on C/L wanting to trade his 07 VFR with 13k for FJR.

He's asking $6000.00 or trade. I e-mailed him for, his VFR for my FJR

and $6500.00 in cash to me. The FJR has 11k mileage.

What do you think............ :unsure:
I think what we think has absolutely no bearing on what you should or should not do. How do YOU ride your FJR? Are you unhappy with the ergos, weight, power, cornering, anything??? Do you ride the FJR to its potential? By that, I mean do you pack it up and take trips with it, or do you just ride around your area? Do you commute on it, ride 2-up on it, ride slab to the twisties and then rail on it?

All these questions and especially the answers to them will help you decide what you should do with your bike. Personally, I would not trade my FJR for another bike, but I am VERY happy with my FJR's performance. That being said, I really want another second bike to do some of the things the FJR just can't do. So...I want a bike in addition to the FJR, not instead of the FJR. Get what you think will make you happy.

Good luck with this...

I kinda doubt he'll give you his bike and $6500 for yours...but I could be wrong!
+1

There's something wrong with your math. He says that he wants $6k... do you really think that your bike is worth $12,500?

More like $10k. And let's say his is only worth 5k, the difference is only around $5k. Would you still do it?

Also, FWIW, very nice examples of the 5th gen 800 VFR's (much better bikes than the VTEC 6th gens) can be had for ~$3-4k. Why not buy one of those and hold onto your FJR. If the VFR is everything that you want and need then sell off the FJR in the spring when you'll get the most $ for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not trade my FJR for another bike, but I am VERY happy with my FJR's performance. That being said, I really want another second bike to do some of the things the FJR just can't do. So...I want a bike in addition to the FJR, not instead of the FJR.
Smartest thing Brother 'Zilla has ever posted!

Scrimp/save/STEAL and get yourself a 2nd bike. The FJR IS my 2nd, but I've more than put double the mileage on my FJR in 6 years than what I've put in total on my 9 year old Kawi. 67k on the FJR, 33k on this guy:

rex.jpg

The only problem is when I park the ZRex for a day or two and decide to take the Station Wagon to ride instead.

Climb off a 500lb, 135rwhp naked standard, and you discover quickly how ponderous a 650lb bike can feel. But when it gets cold, wet, or both, and/or the ride is more than 200 miles, the FJR is the ride-of-choice.

"LIFE WITH TWO MOTORCYCLES = PRICELESS"

Climb off a 500lb, 135rwhp naked standard, and you discover quickly how ponderous a 650lb bike can feel. But when it gets cold, wet, or both, and/or the ride is more than 200 miles, the FJR is the ride-of-choice.

Try it with a 350lb CBR250! The FJR feels like the Queen Mary II after riding the CBR all week. The opposite is also true, and MUCH more dangerous. The CBR feels like a kids bicycle with invincible handling.

I put 4k on the CBR since I bought it at the start of Aug., and about 7k on the FJR. Officially, the FJR is THE bike. The CBR is only for bombing around town and short trips. But god-damn it's a fun lil bike!

Guy's Thanks for all your input.

When all else false put it on the forum.

RadioHowie says it best, Scrimp/save/STEAL and get yourself a 2nd bike.

You saw were I was going with this,still have a S/T bike in the VFR.

But with cash buy second ride?

HotRodZilla,Nice way to break it down.

Again Thanks to all........... :unsure:

I agree with Howie, I went from a VFR to an FJR and have not looked back.

R

YOU owned a VFR?!?!?!?

Jebus!

That conjures up the image of, well...............

vivid-descriptions-kama-sutra-day-yes-your-partner-thinks-yo-demotivational-poster-1268352388.jpg
Damnit all to Hell, Skooty! You just beat me to posting that same exact picture! Fairlaner and Papa Chuy riding a VFR would definitely be a monkey fucking a football!

Oh come on now... You guys aren't that much bigger than me. And neither is Richard.

It's not like we are talking about some 50cc tiddler or something. When I was in high school, the bigger bikes were the 750's. ;)

When did it become a requirement for anyone over 6' or 200 lbs to ride a liter + bike?

Oh come on now... You guys aren't that much bigger than me. And neither is Richard.

It's not like we are talking about some 50cc tiddler or something. When I was in high school, the bigger bikes were the 750's. ;)

When did it become a requirement for anyone over 6' or 200 lbs to ride a liter + bike?
Well Fred, I think it was about 1983 or so. Time to join the new millenium! :p

Please don't tell me you ride around on your childhood tricycle with the loud horn too! Time to grow up my friend, and ride bikes more appropriate to your girth age.

Yes that's correct, three of them in my some 40 some years of riding.

And Thanks for the afternoon funny's, the forum always good for a laugh. :clapping:

Well Fred, I think it was about 1983 or so. Time to join the new millenium! :p
Really Fred, Really! Next thing we know you are going to start telling us FJR Forumites how our FJRay would easily fit on an VFR!

2011MAYKALITRIP277.jpg

I don't see a problem...

:blind:

(But wit' them baggy ass wigger pants you could be hiding several Howie's in there...)

I don't see a problem...

:blind:

(But wit' them baggy ass wigger pants you could be hiding several Howie's in there...)

I could of ridden a VFR when I graduated from High School back in 1966, here I am riding my Husky.

Well actually, that's my hero Steve McQueen; I may have looked like that though! It was a long time ago!

%24(KGrHqZ,!iQE4sSE0jo(BOQn23DsCg~~0_3.JPG

Edit: Web Bike World would not let me show the picture of Steve-O starting his Triumph desert sled in his Birdwell Beach Britches!

If I didn't already know Mr Cool (Steve McQueen) I would easily have mistaken him for you.

Well, 'cept for those gay undies he's wearing in that there picthure 'cause I know Big Daddy (Don S) would never succumb to such a fashion faux paws.

The stuff you can get away with when you (were) are a sex god, eh? :rolleyes: