Power Commander

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desmo118

Reaction score
:clapping:

I don't normally post much but, I visit here every day. Just wanted to say thank you to Warchild. I installed a PCIII yesterday with the help of the FJRTECH website. The instructions from Dynojet were okay but, they weren't nearly as helpful as the write-up that Warchild did on his website.

You don't know what you're missing if you haven't checked out his website.

:clapping: I don't normally post much but, I visit here every day. Just wanted to say thank you to Warchild. I installed a PCIII yesterday with the help of the FJRTECH website. The instructions from Dynojet were okay but, they weren't nearly as helpful as the write-up that Warchild did on his website.
That's why the web site exists, to help out my FJR 'bro's.... :D

Thanks for the kind words, desmo.....

:clapping:

I don't normally post much but, I visit here every day. Just wanted to say thank you to Warchild. I installed a PCIII yesterday with the help of the FJRTECH website. The instructions from Dynojet were okay but, they weren't nearly as helpful as the write-up that Warchild did on his website.
That's why the web site exists, to help out my FJR 'bro's.... :D

Thanks for the kind words, desmo.....
+1

I've got one for an '06 on order. The off-idle chug is making me batty. Can't wait. That will be just about the last step to taking this machine from pure joy to pure perfection.

I, too, am curious about how much difference a PCIII makes. I recently had a TB synch done and the bike runs smoother than sh_t. $$$ aside, is the PCIII a truly worthwhile mod?

I just put a powercomander on my 06 and feel that it was well worth the money. The bike now runs like a new machine, smoother and more powerful throughout the rev range. The new found power right off idle is worth it alone.

PCIII installation, i'm not bad in electronic but very basic in mechanic.

The way I am seiing the PCIII actually it is easy to install, big improvement on

the bike, but I see that I have to do the barbarian jumper after to adjust the CO,

and then upload a set up in it to make it work properly.

It is worthed to add it without doing any other modifications.

For $500 the shop in town will provide PowerCommander ,install and dyno a custom map. Is it worth it on a stock bike or is the map that comes with it pretty good ? ('06) If I install it is $200 for dyno custom map...

Last edited by a moderator:
For $500 the shop in town will provide PowerCommander ,install and dyno a custom map. Is it worth it on a stock bike or is the map that comes with it pretty good ? ('06) If I install it is $200 for dyno custom map...
I think that most everyone here is pretty happy with the mapping that comes with the PC. In time, there will be other maps available for download for free.

$274.50 at SportbikeEffects after your forum discount. That's alot of savings and no wear and tear on your bike. See discount information link below.

Now that you have installed your power command how do you like it. I am think of getting one for my 05.
Installed a power commander on my 03 using wallys smoothness map. Worked great. Since then I have installed the complete holeshot system with Dale's map. Even better, with no more heat from the cat and more bang for the buck......Sound is terrific. :rolleyes: