Prepping the FJR to sell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too love a story with a good ending! :yahoo:

Selling the FJR for a thumper would most likely have been a huge mistake. If at all possible, find a way t o buy a nice used KLR. They are among the fastest depreciating bikes out there. Lot's of people buy them, then turn around and sell them in a few months with practically no miles on them, after they find out they aren't everything they fantasized. But having a dirt worthy thumper around is derfinitely a nice accompaniment to a Feejer.

Also, for your darling's leaky seals, definitely try the seal-mate trick first. I made one at home from an old milk bottle and it worked beautifully. There is probably no need to replace the seals. They usually just get some dirt or road spooge under the lip and start to leak.

Thanks for all the kind comments. As with any type of relationship, when you do, or think of doing, something that you shouldn't have, you sometimes make up by buying it something nice.....update to follow

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after new fork seals and fresh juice in the front end, it was time to kiss and make up with her, so, mounted a new Penske 8983 on the rear tonight to replace the clapped out 9 year old stocker. Was late when I wrapped up, so didn't get a chance to shake it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after new fork seals and fresh juice in the front end, it was time to kiss and make up with her, so, mounted a new Penske 8983 on the rear tonight to replace the clapped out 9 year old stocker. Was late when I wrapped up, so didn't get a chance to shake it down.

And when you do, you will ask yourself why you waited soooooo long to do it. Enjoy the new suspenders!

Kudo's Randy for making the right choice. Annnnnd, it is suprising how easy it is to just move some junk around in the garage and that new bike just fits right in. Just sayin. PM. <>< ;)

Well..... now the forks are going to be jealous. What are you going to do with them?
They just got new seals and $70 worth of rape me in the ass Yamaha 01 fork oil (no lectures...I asked some folks in the know...it wasn't a horrible decision). I'm not going to do anything with them. They let me down. So, they're just going to have to suffer!!!!

Until I scrape the pennies together for whatever it's gonna be....probably Race Tech Gold Valve + springs

Randy,

Good to hear you are sticking around for a while. Hopefully the riding funk, and the knee injury will both be gone soon, and I will get the chance to ride with you again.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Looking forward to it. You better watch out.....with these new suspension tweaks, once I get it dialed in, you're only going to have time for 2 cigarettes at the ice cream stop waiting for me instead of 3.