Progressive Motorcycle Shows 2016-2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogdeb

Scouser
Reaction score
NOT -- in Sacramento, or Northern CA this month
no.gif

Or any time in '16 - '17
not_i.gif

https://www.motorcycleshows.com/cities

Last edited by a moderator:
The number of events has really shriveled. Last year it went from Seattle to Portland Oregon. There was also a show in Sacramento CA last year. Now the only event on the West Coast is in Long Beach.

While there is a m/c show at Tradex in Abbotsford every Jan, the show mgmt is unrelated to the US events.

And our show also has gotten smaller the last few yrs.

-Steve

I went to the last D.C. show a couple years back and last year went on a bus trip to the NYC show. I can tell you I won't bother going back. They have a show put on by another outfit in Timonium, MD in February that had more bikes on display and more vendors than either of the Progressive shows I attended. Really disappointed considering all the advertising and hype surrounding them.

Hudson, normally I would be in. However, the last weekend of bird season calls and my girls do need there exercise and my gun needs to be fired.

escapefjrtist, I am interested. A weekend ride would be a great escape.

I attended several years in Atlanta. Early years were great until (was "then") the trials demonstrations were replaced with "steel ball of death" kids acting badly on small motorcycles, many other aspects similarly disappointed. So I have no interest in going back. And not surprised the tour is going to fewer and fewer cities. Soon it will suddenly disappear and almost no one will notice.

I attended three years in a row in Seattle, each year was worse than the year before. More and more stuff marginally related to motorcycling, fewer and finally no tech presentations and fewer manufacturers. Lots of show bikes, Sound Riders put on a couple of nice exhibits the first two years I went. When the show moved to the Convention Center in downtown really killed it for me. I miss seeing the new bikes all in one place but not enough to go downtown.

escapefjrtist, I am interested. A weekend ride would be a great escape.
Seriously? We'd have to run down Friday, catch the MC show Saturday daytime, Pink's that night and buzz home Sunday. If the passes are clear it's definitely doable... :eek:mg2:

--G
That does not leave much time to search for dry roads. :D