Public Health Hazard

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingshot

Reaction score
For those not watching the news, the Wenatchee area has received an air quality advisory for Hazardous air quality. Cashmere and Leavenworth have unhealthly air conditions, but haven't been received hazardous air quality determinations at this time.

This advisory strongly recommends the use of a respiratory device for being outside. Thus, if you are riding through the Wenatchee area on Highway 2, 97, 97A, or 28, it is recommended you pickup a N95 or higher rate respiratory device for use.

For more information, there are articles related to the fires and air emissions at this site: Fire link

I hear that Ellensburg and Yakima are also experiencing poor air quality due to fires in those areas.

You ain't a' kiddin'. I just rode the Cascade Hwy loop yesterday (ride report forthcoming) and was shocked at the air quality in Wenatchee area.

This is just east of Cashmere:

... and 97 Alt, north of Wenatchee:

Rode up Stevens through Leavenworth and down Blewett to Ellensburg today...terrible smoke and smell.

Lets hope for wet weather (no thunder) and get these fires put out.

--G

Thank you for the informative information. As much as I hate to see the rain, I think we need it to put out the fires in our state.

FYI, this week the smoke is suppose to get worse as the week progresses with an inversion hanging out over the Wenatchee River Valley. As of 8 am this morning (monday), the particle count in Cashmere was at 909, Wenatchee was at 481, and Entiat was at 39. Particulate count of 301-500 is considered hazardous, according to the government’s air quality index.

Remember N95 or better masks if you plan riding, Blewett Pass, Wenatchee River Valley, Entiat River Valley or near Lake Chelan.