Pulled my driveshaft

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxhuntr

Reaction score
I took the rear wheel off tonight to get a new tire mounted, and while it was off decided to lube the front driveshalft splines. It looked very good - still had a film of moly on the gears. I wiped it clean and put on a coat of the Honda moly paste. I won't do it again until at least 75,000 miles - I've got 37,000 on it now.

Glad to hear you had your drive shaft pulled and cleansed. Some guys have to pay a lot of money for that...

I took the rear wheel off tonight to get a new tire mounted, and while it was off decided to lube the front driveshalft splines. It looked very good - still had a film of moly on the gears. I wiped it clean and put on a coat of the Honda moly paste. I won't do it again until at least 75,000 miles - I've got 37,000 on it now.
Hey! Over in some random 'risers' thread just now, you said something about having a brake line installed for $45. How's come you can pull a wheel and shaft but you gotta pay someone to install a brake line? :yahoo:

Just saying... :yahoo:

Hey! Over in some random 'risers' thread just now, you said something about having a brake line installed for $45. How's come you can pull a shaft but you gotta pay someone to install a brake line? :yahoo:

Hey we're men :bb2: We don't need instructions on how to pull our driveshafts..

Though I must admit a "helper" can keep it interesting :hehe:

:jester:

Dang it FoxHunter, you have all the luck.

When I pulled my driveshaft, it was rusty and dry as a bone. :rofl:

Hey! Over in some random 'risers' thread just now, you said something about having a brake line installed for $45. How's come you can pull a wheel and shaft but you gotta pay someone to install a brake line? :yahoo:

I'm scared of bleeding brakes. I won't deny it.