Qatar Moto GP Spoiler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protondecay123

No Delusions of Significance
Reaction score
This was simply the best race of the season, IMHO. The racers at the top of the order were putting out 111% yeah onehundred eleven percent.

What about Sete knocking Nicky out of the way in the First corner. Maybe the "incident at Jerez" has taken hold?

It looked like to me he was expecting to bounce off of Melandri and run him off the track, when he ran off the track. He had run a quite impressive race until that time. Slowly but surely Rossi and Melandri were creeping back up on him.

Marco ran one hell of a race. The Dorna commentor thought that he should have waited until the last corner and sprinted to the line like th 125 and 250 races, but Rossi looked to me to gain on him when they came out of the last corner.

Marco ran an excellent race. Surely a force to be reckoned with when he gets consistent.

Nicky Hayden set the lap record. He actually ran faster on race tires than he did qualifying!

What a RACE!!

385300_qatar.jpg

This was simply the best race of the season, IMHO.
Concur!! I watched the delayed broadcast on nascrap TV... race was completely awesome!

I admit I laughed out loud when Sete ran off the track after leading for so long. He could have gotten rid of the curse Valentino put on him one year ago at Qatar, but the hex seems to remain intact!!!

The World Superbike race right afterwards was awesome as well. I bet Chris Vermullen will have a factory ride in MotoGP very soon, if not next year.... that 22-year old kid is good, very, VERY good!

Chris will be replacing Troy Bayliss on the Camel Honda for the GP round in Australia in a couple of weeks. One off ride right now but you know he'll be in Moto GP next year.

Shaun

05FJR

CBR1000RR

I liked the post race interviews when Nicky referred to him as 'my buddy Sete' (seemed awfully sarcastic). And after reading Sete's post race quotes, I'm wondering if he isn't related to Biaggi? "Once again we've had a great race without the final result we deserved. I led the race until Marco came in a little aggressive and I had to run off my line. But it's no use complaining..." uhh - sounds like you're complaining there, Sete.

Damn your prescient Dale. Today Chris Vermeulen got the Ride for Camel Honda. I guess Shakey Burne got the axe.

Chris Vermeulen will ride for the Camel Honda team at Phillip Island as substitute for Troy Bayliss who recently underwent surgery after breaking his left wrist during a training session in Australia.

After concluding the World Superbike Championship next weekend at Magny-Cours, Vermeulen will join up with Alex Barros as he rides an RC211V for the first time, and is understandably delighted about the golden chance given to him by the Camel Honda team.

“I'm really excited about the opportunity to ride Honda's RC211V,” said Vermeulen. “I had a test scheduled for the end of last season but had to miss that because of an injury, so I'm really happy that this chance has come round again. I've made no secret of the fact that MotoGP is where I want to go with my career and Honda has the best bike in the championship.”

“But, to be honest, I'm trying not to think about this ride too much. I've got one more round and two more races in the World Superbike championship for the Winston Ten Kate Honda team. That's my job for the next weekend and that's what I'll be focusing on 100%. Right now, the GP ride is a special, end-of-season bonus for me.”

https://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/news_info/...1.htm?menu=home

Last edited by a moderator:
Concur with all y'all. Its gonna get real interesting when Rossi moves on to F1. Vermullen has good timing and Nicky might just get his break too...GREAT RACING !!!

Bobby

Thanks Randy, although I was thinkin more about '07 and it'll give Vermullen a year to get adjusted. With the money that will inevitably be offered by somebody in F1 he'll make the switch in '07 or '08; as a guess of course. He's a young talented man though. We'll just have to see what the future holds !

Bobby

With the money that will inevitably be offered by somebody in F1 he'll make the switch in '07 or '08; as a guess of course. As off the wall as he has been, he just might do something crazy like leave Yamaha and go to Kawasaki to win a championship, then do it on a Suzuki, then do it on a Duc.

If anyone can, he can.
I doubt money is an issue. He'll have an estimated income of $24.5M in 2005.

The newly crowned F1 champ Alonso is somewhere around $30M and Ralf Schumacher is around $20M (we won't talk about the $80M that Michael gets).

If Rossi gets a shot at F1, I don't see them paying him the monster salary until he shows what he has. It's one thing to cut a fast lap with no one on the track. It's another thing to do it with a bunch of other vehicles sharing the same small chunk of real estate. Then again...he already knows that.