Quick Run to Tahoe Tomorrow!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
If anyone needs a mental health day and wants to join me for a spin up to Lake Tahoe before the snow locks us out let me know. I am planning on leaving Citrus Heights around 9:00 stop for lunch in South Shore around 11:00 then possibly do a lap around the lake. Temperatures here in Sacramento are supposed to be in the 70's around Lake Tahoe in the low to mid 50's with clear skies.

Awesome to hear from you Michael. You and I have both spent a hard third of a year sleeping in recliners and wishing we could both get back on the bike. I saw you got a new ride and am looking forward to seeing you again this weekend for the spin up in the foothills and lunch after.

Take Care,

Jeff

I was surprised to see you on Echo Summit today. I hope you had a productive day....lots of pix for OM. I did circle the lake and then went over Carson Pass (really beautiful!) but skipped Emmigrant Trail, too much snow, and returned Shake Ridge, Latrobe Rd and hwy 50. Got back just at 5;00.

Alan

As far as I know, I'm legit! (ha!) And I only have 27,500 miles on this bike since a year ago July. I suspect you may be right , OM. I probably have 10 or so manic ones in there, but the rest are happily spirited! Good to see that you are mobile again and getting back in the on the horse (of the FJR kind). I can't join you for I have a couple of weddings to play. Welcome back!!

I'd love to join you but I'm 3000 miles away so I don't think I could make it in time. :D Our corporate office is in Rancho Cordova and I am planning a ride out there sometime in the future. Hope to meet up with some of you guys from the area if I ever can make the trip a reality.

Have driven Rt.50 to Tahoe and thought the whole way what an awesome trip it would be on the scoot.

Hound, great plan! Make sure you PM some of us Sac guys in advance--and we are LEGION! We've had good drop-in get-togethers with Cdogman (Utah), Orestes (England), and all kinds of Canadians, Oregonians, and other assorted oddballs and misfits lately. We'll show you hot times and cool roads. Just ask anybody. I believe there are some pretty good stretches of road between Pennsylvania and here as well. See ya.

I'd love to join you but I'm 3000 miles away so I don't think I could make it in time. :D Our corporate office is in Rancho Cordova and I am planning a ride out there sometime in the future. Hope to meet up with some of you guys from the area if I ever can make the trip a reality.
Have driven Rt.50 to Tahoe and thought the whole way what an awesome trip it would be on the scoot.
SacMike already said it, but YES, be sure to let us all know. I live close to your corporate office I bet.

SacMike already said it, but YES, be sure to let us all know. I live close to your corporate office I bet.
NEC - Gold Center Drive. I'm thinking sometime in Spring for my trek. I have to wait until I can combine it with needing to be out there for work so that I can...er....offset my travel expenses. ;)

NEC - Gold Center Drive. I'm thinking sometime in Spring for my trek. I have to wait until I can combine it with needing to be out there for work so that I can...er....offset my travel expenses. ;)
LATE Spring! The snow doesn't melt off the high passes until June...... :eek:

But, heck yeah, I'd bet we can gather some of the local amigos motocicleta to join us for some fun int the mountains. The BEST roads to enjoy aren't necessarily the main highways. B)

For instance: Getting off I-80 in Truckee and riding along Donner Lake, up Historic Hwy 40 on the old Donner Summit, stopping at the overlook and then riding down the West slope on what is left of Hwy 40 is a hoot with great scenery.

\Ooorrrr: From Lake Taho take Hwy 89 South to Hwy 88, turn left and follow Hwy 89 through Markleeville (great eats in that town) and continue South to Hwy 4 over Ebbett's Pass and down to Angels Camp (Yes, the town made famous by Mark Twain and the "jumping frog"!). Very fun!

There are just too many interesting and good roads.....you'd better plan for 2 weeks! :yahoo: