• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Race Tech Suspension Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would there be anybody in this forum can point me in the right direction of a local Twin Cities FJR club that's installing this group discounted RACE TECH unit? I'm in Crystal and have space in my garage and decent mechanical skills but it would be nice to have a second set of eyeballs on the installation.
If you're talking about the shock, don't be afraid to do it yourself! I made my purchase both shock and fork gold valves last year without the discount unfortunately. I took the forks in to a suspension shop and they did the re and re on them but taking the old OEM shock and adjuster out and replacing it with the G3 is not hard really. The only part I didn't like was the one bolt you can't remove (easily) in order to service or replace the bearing which is blocked by the bracket holding the center stand. Someone has posted with pictures here on the forum.
Thanks for your input there jmgrif. I've been searching the topic threads for pictures and hints for doing this myself. I've never done anything to any degree of precision (measuring tolerances and such) so diving into fork replacement will be something I hope is worth doing myself and put the money into the merchandise. I don't expect a fork shock replacement project to be a walk in the park, but I want to take advantage of this opportunity if I take my time to do it right.

Would there be anybody in this forum can point me in the right direction of a local Twin Cities FJR club that's installing this group discounted RACE TECH unit? I'm in Crystal and have space in my garage and decent mechanical skills but it would be nice to have a second set of eyeballs on the installation.
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the gold valve kit from Brad. Will be here in time for Tech Day, which by the way is just North of Anoka, I'm sure you've heard of it.

PM me if you're interested and need an address. I'll be rebuilding my forks then, which happens to be April 27th.

Thanks for putting this together Josh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the gold valve kit from Brad. Will be here in time for Tech Day, which by the way is just North of Anoka, I'm sure you've heard of it.

PM me if you're interested and need an address. I'll be rebuilding my forks then, which happens to be April 27th.

Thanks for putting this together Josh.
Nice TM,

Hopefully I will have the gold valve kit installed by then. And even more, the roads may even be clear enough by then to see what a rebuilt shock and forks act like.

Race Tech is unable to supply a rear shock for my 11', not knowing for sure if the shocks are in fact the same as earlier models. Right now they can supply a shock up to an 09, no later.

There are many knowledgable peeps there and some that know what's on their website and tear sheets. Ask for the guy who builds all the G3-S's . He is a smart guy. Gen2 are all the same.

If you don't have a warm and fuzzy call GP Suspension or Traxxion. I love my G3-S, butcan only compare it to stock. Good luck

Someone is just reading their selection section where it lists to 2009 ,I think that was the last time it might have been updated . I am sure they can make one to suit you after all its a custom shock .

I just looked on their site and it now shows 2006-12 for the FJR1300. I may give them a call this week as we are still in need of a rear shock and that G3-S sure looks nice! Shame I couldn't get one during the group buy.