Race Tech Suspension

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman

blueman
Reaction score
Looking at upgrading my suspension,forks and shock on my ride. I have read a lot of good things about Race Tech. Looking for feedback from riders who currently have!

A little while back I bought a set of Eibach .95 springs and RaceTech Gold Valves from Jagermeister. I think the entire set-up came from RaceTech because when I called Eibach for some numbers, they refered me to RaceTech because RaceTech makes their springs...Or something like that.

So...Not 100% sure on the springs, but the spring and valve job made a lot of difference in my bike. I just posted in a thread above that the bumps and cracks in the road that I used to prep for no longer need the prep. The ride up front is much smoother, and the dive when braking is greatly reduced.

This last weekend I was messing with the preload and think I may have gone a hair too high...I may back it down one turn since they feel pretty stiff right now. I have not had a chance to take it for a ride in the turns where is where the test will be, but if the bike dives less during braking, I'm expecting the same in the corners.

Looking at upgrading my suspension,forks and shock on my ride. I have read a lot of good things about Race Tech. Looking for feedback from riders who currently have!
There is a group buy going on right now that will save you anywhere from 10-25 percent.

I will say it made a huge diffrence in the FJR. I did both front and rear. I might see about going with a slightly softer spring in the rear. I ended up with the 17.8kg spring. A bit too heavy, HaulinAshe is going to be trying out a softer spring. This was well worth the money, with 90% of the small bumps it feels like you just float over them. I still need to tweak my settings but it is a night and day diffrence.

ynotride has the whole set up and was the demo/development for the FJR Racetech suspension. PM him and ask.

The prices are posted on the Race Tech website for you to pick and choose what you want. The FJRForum Group Buy has the discounts, it's all there.

Many people keep asking about price on other threads regarding the RT group buy. I don't think it's that difficult to read and figure out. Please read the Group buy and check the website. It's easy to figure out. Fork parts including labor, 25% off, rear shock 10% off. Read the prices do the math, done.

BTW - My forks are being done as I type this.... OK, it's the weekend and they aren't working, but you get my drift.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few thousand miles on my set up now and am very happy with my set up. Originally RT had given me a spring for two up riding but I no longer ride two up so I had them swap it out for a lighter spring last week. They even dialed in my sag and all that other crap for free. I dont think you will be disapointed at all.

Cant really help on the cost but as Simon said you can get a pretty good idea from the RT website. You can check this thread for picturesClicky

Last edited by a moderator: