Radiohowie is BACK after 2 months gone!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheesh Howie! I'm glad you're recovering. Sounds like you been in the meat grinder for a bit. Being able to remember pass words, type, and post says a lot about your cognitive ability.

Sorry you crashed man, but very glad it was slow enough that it didn't totally wipe you out. I guess I should have missed you, but I figured you were working.

Take care of yourself Howie!

Really sorry to hear this.

Do the physio, try to fill the time with things to stimulate the brain (no, not drugs :) ), read, write (you are obviously still pretty good there), do puzzles, stuff like that. Make what's left of the grey matter find new routes to get round the damage.

Oh, yes, let your better half know you are really grateful for her loyalty.

Hope you make a good recovery.

Later on, hide bike magazines around the house. You never know ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd call you one of the folks that have given this place a lot of its color over the years, so I'm glad to see you back.

Don't know if anybody else on the forum knew about what you've been going through, but too bad nobody let us know about it. You might have scored one or two get well cards. Seriously, wish we'd known. Hope you're back on as a regular again. Best of luck with your recovery.

Dammit! This from the first guy to "friend" me here?!

For what it's worth, your writing doesn't seem like you've got a head full of stupid. But Mrs. Radiohowie is correct, sir: if you have no balance, you shouldn't be on two wheels. And -- I'm just speculating here -- if she's been head nurse for the past few months, I wouldn't bring up Spyders right now.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you're (mostly) OK, and hope you recover as fully as possible. Keep us bookmarked, and don't hesitate to drop in and unload on somebody.

Howie, great to hear from you!! Not so great in these circumstances :(

Sorry to hear about your non remembered mishap. I'm glad you got Mrs Howie as your caretaker, sounds like you are in very good hands.

Very Sad day here at FJRforum, you are like one of the grandpa's of this place. With us losing Don just before Xmas, we now are lacking for real time good ole experienced been there done everything chum buddy. I hope you stay and frequent here, wtf. We need good senior (lol) guidance like yours, with a dirty ol mans twist of humor.

I'll always remember this image of a nun riding on the back of a bike that was very very spicy. You came to me and said "brotha, these guys have a sense of humor, but not apparently as good as yours!, you better take that down!" ...and I did. See what I mean?.

I'm still missing my our buddy Don a LOT!. I haven't been on here much since. <applause goes here>. I really miss that Irish lad, he PM'd me more than I sometimes wanted, but once I opened the mail, it was always my pleasure. In person as the very soft spoken gentlemen type, boy did he ever impress my Ms Debbie.... Damn it! The good Lord took him way too soon.

but... this is about you....

Cheers mate, hope you still keep your presence here, good luck with you sale. And any reference to you signing off should be like an aloha, meaning it is hello and/or a goodbye.

So with that being said, CQ, CQ, CQDX !?

-KJ

I knew it.

I just fucking KNEW it.

This place has been smelling better lately and, generally speaking, was maybe getting a little bit of class. But I just couldn't quite figure out why.

Now it all makes sense. The stench is back, and that little bit of class is once again gone.

'Cause now 'Howie is back.

fuck.gif

finger.gif

And I'm glad you're back, buddy, That's one helluva way to start 2016. Dayum. BUT, now that you're retired, there is NO excuse for you to not come to EOM this year. BeemerDons came last year in his cage, and you can, too.

Weirdo.

This almost sounds like Woody Allen in Sleeper. Glad to hear that you made it out the other end. I've had some naps lately but a month long nap is a little extreme don't you think.

Like BikerGeek said earlier now we can get the forum back to normal and get rid of all this political correctness we have been suffering through since Don departed and Barry doesn't visit anymore.

I need you knuckleheads to stop me from barking at the moon. Keep working on getting better.

Howie so sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad to hear you still have an IQ much higher than the average on this forum. Be sure to continue corresponding thru the forum. We really enjoy you here.

Glad to see you back Howie. I too noticed your absence and figured you're just working more. Little did I know!

Steve,

I am so sorry to hear about your mishap, and all of the misery you had to endure. I had also noticed your conspicuous absence, but did not know if it was self imposed or... not.

While your motor skills may have been affected, the cognitive ones, writing skills, and that great funny bone seem to have made it through the ordeal intact.

As I'm sure you already know, it starts out being "all about the bikes" here on this forum, but all of the mushy, interpersonal stuff ends up taking over after a while. You will always be "one of us guys" (and gals, Tyler) whether you're riding the famously rescued FrankenFeejer, or a power wheelchair.

As for selling that old bike, unless you need the dosh, don't bother. Better to keep it out in the garage as an objective target for your further recovery. I know SWMBO may not appreciate how much it will motivate you, even just standing still out there, but realistically... it ain't worth near as much to anyone else in the world as it means to you.

OTOH, if you can manage to parlay that old crusty rusty (inside the tank) POS into that Honda S2000 that you have been lusting after all these years... by all means go for it! Maybe after 2 month of intravenous diet you'll be able to fit behind the wheel on one of those li'l things. :lol:

Like it or not, our lives are dealt to us in distinct phases. This is just a new beginning for your next phase. New things sure can make us uncomfortable. They usually do, even be a bit scary. But after a while they become the new norm. I am confident that you'll come through this with a new personal direction, a new attitude (not necessarily a good one) and a renewed purpose in YOUR life.

Keep on keepin' on, Buddy.

Welcome back Howie,

It sure felt like something was amiss around here lately. Things were to amiable, everyone getting along and all. Just didn't feel right. I guess I miss all the Sarcasm that went along with this place. Glad your on the road to recovery and I wish you the best. I don't own a Gen 1 but maybe some other folks around have some spare parts left over that can put the old warhorse back in better condition before the sale.

Just a thought, good luck and we want to keep hearing from you.

Dave

It's always a shock to read about one of our Forum friends having a bad accident. And it was a shock to read about your's RH. To echo what everyone else has said, I'm glad it wasn't worse and that you are on the mend.

Howie, you are one of the most resilient people I know. It sucks that you crashed, but it is very good to see you posting. Good luck with the sale of your FJR and I hope you stick around the forum.

I had neuro lymes end my career. It takes a year to recover from neurological injuries, and you have a ways to go yet.

Enjoy your retirement. I have found it to be the busiest I have ever been...I'm taking off for a trip through the Carolinas, Florida and out to Marathon Key on Monday. I just got back from Steamboat Springs Colorado. Yep, retirement is a bitch, but someone has to do it. Let me know if you need a visit. I might be nearby, and I might have my stash from Colorado.
rolleyes.gif

Howie,

Sorry to hear of your mishap. Glad you're on the road to recovery. I was a devoted follower of the Frankenbike saga and got to know many of the characters on the forum through those posts. After reading your well written description of the latest events in your life, your brain appears to be in fine shape. Healing wishes sent your way.