rear arm suspension bearings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorman13

Reaction score
Hello fellow fjr owners. I have an 07 with 26k on odometer and went to dissassemble and lube the bearings in the

rear suspension link and found I need to replace the bearings, too much slop, should have done this earlier. Does anyone know the actual numbers off the needle bearings in the pivot and seal #s. I found yammy part# but looking to cross reverence and buy local from bearing house. The Yammy part# for bearings, 93317-31701-00, 93315-31759-00 for the different bearings. The seal # 93109-17071-00, yamaha wants an arm and leg, I believe if I can get the actual bearing manufactures part #, I can find for much less. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help/info.

raptorman,

I recommend you get on over to www.cheapcycleparts.com and look in the OEM parts section. you'll be able to drill down to the FJR suspension bits and you'll discover that you want 4 bearings (2 each of 2 different part numbers), two sleeves and eight oil seals. If you want to be totally wild, replace the two swing arm bearings where the top of the dogbones go.

If you've never done this before, be prepared to spend some time in there. Like half a day minimum.

I also recommend you check out www.fjr1300.info and www.fjr-tips.org for good instruction.

Also some grat advice just posted here: rear suspension lube

I didn't know about the trick where you remove all exhaust mounting bolts downstream of the engine. sounds like a good idea.

It will take a week (maybe more) to get your bearings, etc from cheapcycle parts. plan accordingly.

raptorman,

I recommend you get on over to www.cheapcycleparts.com and look in the OEM parts section. you'll be able to drill down to the FJR suspension bits and you'll discover that you want 4 bearings (2 each of 2 different part numbers), two sleeves and eight oil seals. If you want to be totally wild, replace the two swing arm bearings where the top of the dogbones go.

If you've never done this before, be prepared to spend some time in there. Like half a day minimum.

I also recommend you check out www.fjr1300.info and www.fjr-tips.org for good instruction.

Also some grat advice just posted here: rear suspension lube

I didn't know about the trick where you remove all exhaust mounting bolts downstream of the engine. sounds like a good idea.

It will take a week (maybe more) to get your bearings, etc from cheapcycle parts. plan accordingly.

I can second cheap cycle parts, much better than the dealer, make sure nothing is on backorder or it will delay shipping the order.

...and if the parts have to come from Japan, good luck given earthquake, tsunami, nuclear problems.

Okay, here's the deal...

I should have a complete set of bearings, spacers and seals, enough to completely rebuild the relay arm assembly in my personal stock. BUT... if I'm going to dig through the parts bin, open all those Yami bags and record the numbers for you, YOU are going to share the source if you locate them 3rd party!

Deal???

I think you will be hard-pressed to beat the typical discounted Yami price, if you are purchasing spacers too. And it's typically the spacers that get pitted as much as the bearings going bad. But let me know if you really want to pursue it.

Are you sure the bearings are gone?? That seems rather bizarre for those bearings to wear out with such low miles. I just cleaned and greased my linkage (2003 with 105K). I will say the bearing that sits directly under the shock was a bit dry but there was no pitting etc... As for the "play" you describe, did you check this before or after the bolts were tightened to spec? Once everything is tight there should only be 2-3mm (max) of vertical play in the swingarm (zero lateral).

Are you sure the bearings are gone?? That seems rather bizarre for those bearings to wear out with such low miles. I just cleaned and greased my linkage (2003 with 105K). I will say the bearing that sits directly under the shock was a bit dry but there was no pitting etc... As for the "play" you describe, did you check this before or after the bolts were tightened to spec? Once everything is tight there should only be 2-3mm (max) of vertical play in the swingarm (zero lateral).

+1 - unless one is riding under EXTREMELY harsh conditions having to replace those bearings at 26k miles seems waaaaaay to early.

Okay, here's the deal...

I should have a complete set of bearings, spacers and seals, enough to completely rebuild the relay arm assembly in my personal stock. BUT... if I'm going to dig through the parts bin, open all those Yami bags and record the numbers for you, YOU are going to share the source if you locate them 3rd party!

Deal???

I think you will be hard-pressed to beat the typical discounted Yami price, if you are purchasing spacers too. And it's typically the spacers that get pitted as much as the bearings going bad. But let me know if you really want to pursue it.

DEAL!! If you can supply the number off the bearing (not yammy part#), I will research with local bearing house and report findings, thanks for your help. I have visited this site several times just to read the threads, you guys are all awesome.

Okay, here's the deal...

Deal???

I have seen bearing kits on ebay specifically for the fjr, they do not look like yami parts and are somewhat cheaper, Id email a saler and see who make them and if they may be the same actual part possibly. Im getting ready to order some myself. but first a bike jack stand, so I dont have to craw under the darn thing.

DEAL!! If you can supply the number off the bearing (not yammy part#), I will research with local bearing house and report findings, thanks for your help. I have visited this site several times just to read the threads, you guys are all awesome.

Okay, here's the deal...

Deal???

I can do even better because I happen to have a complete set of bearings and spacers in my garage and I live about 10 minutes from you. PM me to swap phone numbers and we can arrange a meet so you can get dimensions/numbers from my parts. Okay, that sounded bad and I'm sure the perverts here will comment. :p

Okay, here's the deal...

Deal???

I can do even better because I happen to have a complete set of bearings and spacers in my garage and I live about 10 minutes from you. PM me to swap phone numbers and we can arrange a meet so you can get dimensions/numbers from my parts. Okay, that sounded bad and I'm sure the perverts here will comment. :p
Harald, if you could look at the bearings themselves, they should have a manufacturer and # on the bearing itself. The seals should be the same way, manufacturer and part #. thanks for your help.

Argghh! I dug through my parts bin last night and only found some of the parts. I've either lost some or forgot to order everything on my previous order.

What I do have are the p/n 93109-17071-00 oil seals, p/n 93315-31759-00 bearings, p/n 90387-102r4-00 collar and p/n 90387-127w0-00 collar.

The p/n 93109-17071-00 oil seals are used for all bearings on the rear arm and have the following numbers on them:

on one side is: F 8 (other seals I looked at had G 2 or G25 or G17 instead)

and further around the side are these numbers: 500 17 24 3

there's also a logo that looks like Ars or perhaps Acs, but it's hard to see even with magnification.

The collars (inner races basically) have no numbers on them.

The p/n 93315-31759-00 bearings have the following numbers on them:

on one side: JAPAN LS NTN

and further around the side are these numbers: 7E-HVS 17X24X20

Looks like Haulin Ashe is gonna have to dig around for information off the other bearing that I don't have (p/n 93317-31701-00). And there's also the p/n 90387-122r5-00 collar that I don't have.

I'm no bearing expert, so I don't know if that's enough information to find another bearing source. I do have calibrated measuring tools and the ability to accurately use them, so if you want dimensions I can provide that also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just now checking back into this party. I'll pull the parts tonight, get numbers, make measurements etc.

I noticed yesterday that the battery is dead in my digital calipers, so I'll pick one of those up today on the way home too.

Now what am I cooking for dinner and when the hell are we voting Kirstie Allie off DWTS??? Until that's done, I'm not getting near the TV and have extra time for bearing research.

:)