Rear shock rebound knob

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myboyhay

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an 03 that I thought I would try and tweak a little. I feel I got the front forks where I like them but the rear shock rebound knob is not acting right. According to the manual I should have 20 clicks. When I start from a full CC wise position (looking from above) and turn CW I only get 3 clicks before the knob spins with only a slight resistance and no clicking. I think the original 3 clicks is real because the dampening feels dead. I would try to gronk on the knob to see if it actually is fully CCW but I am leery of over-tightening. Any suggestions? Also does anyone know what the travel is on the rear shock?

I did a search on suspension and did not find any similar problems....hope i dont get jumped for this.

Thanks

You have say more than 20,000 miles on that shock? If so, it's very likely toast.

The stock shock is considered by many as one of the things far better replaced by an aftermarket unit like a Penske or Ohlins and there's usually a Group Buy on this forum in the Fall.