Recommended Dealer near Springfield, IL?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSchool

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched through the vendor and dealer feedback forum and didn't see anything. I am looking to replace both tires on an 2005, and wonder if anyone has any good recommendations nearby? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lived in Springfield 2 separate times. Overturf has gotten old. The dealership to the north on Dirksen called RTD seemed exclusive and elitist when I went in there. Halls Ducati was okay but never got a great feeling from the service department when I went there with the superhawk. I guess I would have to say head south to Niehaus in Litchfield. I did tires there out if necessity and felt okay. It was never a great experience at any of the places. But do not go to World of Powersports in Decatur. I had to use them a few times and always felt taken advantage by them. All the way back to re-nigging on a deal by them, changing prices at the last second and I once ordered a windshield with the promise that if I did not like it the size/turbulence of it, they would take it back. I hated it and they said too bad and would not take it back. I felt they were schiesters plain and simple. Service, parts, sales.

I am comparing them to my dealer now who is first class all the way. Another dealership I trust is Sportland in champaign or Bloomington. Especially the Champaign-Urbana one. But that is 70 miles from you. Sam is the owner and he is a straight shooter.

Overturf. Niehaus. Urbana. In that order if u can't get to Urbana.

Hope this helps.