Reliable mechanic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geargrinder

Reaction score
This past summer, my son bought a used 05 and has really enjoyed the riding experience this machine brings to the road. He lives in Katy, TX near Houston. I rode it a couple of times and the bike is quick and sticks to the road, (you really have to be careful). Since the bike didn't come w/ any service records and it has 25,000 miles, I'm wondering if there is a good FJR mechanic in the area that can check it over. Are there must-do maintenance items to have completed, (valves, drive shaft, etc)? He loves the ride and wants to insure trouble free years of riding. Thanks.

I have really good luck with Cycle Shack North in Conroe. They do all my service. The Tech there, Dan, seems to know FJR's real well. Apparently there are several in the neighborhood. He is also very meticuloue meticulous er, careful about his work.

Might check with Brandon at Katy Yamaha. I have been happy with them. If something really difficult, might check with Tejas across town.

Might check with Brandon at Katy Yamaha. I have been happy with them. If something really difficult, might check with Tejas across town.
Brandon S is the service manager at Katy Yamaha, Good guy and does good work They have done tires, Synch, ingnition recall and recently a timing chain tensioner. Tejas is good too, but they only worked on my RS Warrior. Stay away from Yamaha on 1960.