removing rear wheel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkin

Reaction score
Searched and couldn't find a link/thread on how to remove rear wheel.

Any help appreciated.

BTW..just brought home an 03 FJR..just need to replace the tire.

Going from a R1100GS to the Yamaha.. it looks different to remove.

Thanks again

I could explain it but just go to FJR Tech by Warchild and you'll get a detailed desccription with pics and torque specs

Thanks folks...found it and have it bookmarked.

Ordered a michelin road pilot. Its on sale at MC superstore

if anyone needs one.

if anyone needs one.
Noticed that you've done very little posting so I'll assume that you're fairly new to the forum.

Glad that you found www.fjrtech.com and hopefully you'll check out www.fjr1300.info, www.fjr-tips.org and fjriders.com as they're all good resources for almost everything that you'll ever want to know about doing anything to or with the FJR1300.

Welcome.

Yes...new to forum and FJR's. Thanks for the welcome.

Also curious whether BMW or Yamaha is the better bike.. :confusedsmiley:

There's a spreadsheet link around here somewheres that tracks current vendor prices of tires that fit the FJR (excludes darkside). :rolleyes:

Yes...new to forum and FJR's. Thanks for the welcome.

Also curious whether BMW or Yamaha is the better bike.. :confusedsmiley:
Neither...It is Hyosung. You keep making stupid comments like that, and you're gonna fit right in.

I believe the "Hyosung" is the same as a Honda. Its probably their high end model...similar to a Goldwing. :rolleyes:

if anyone needs one.
FWIW, there is a considerable wear difference between a Michelin Pilot Road and a Pilot Road 2 or 3. My original tires when I bought my 2005 were the Bridgestone Battlaxe BT021 tires. I got about 4300 miles on those compared to over 11K on the PR2s. Anyone will tell you the difference between those and the current BT023 tires is about double the wear, and the Pilot Road is NOT the PR2. Be sure you are getting a PR2 or PR3 or you will be changing tires before very long. These bikes are relatively heavy and pretty hard on tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
jeez you guys are being so nice! :rolleyes:

I wonder if this posting will make it to Friday!

By the way... welcome to the Forum! Coolest thing for the FJR hands down!

................and while you've got the rear tire off; well, keep reading (FJRtech), there's more stuff to do (or may want to do).