Remus Hexacone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lake Powell,

Yes, mine had the tiny bit of spot weld too. Wasn't hard to break it loose. Though, I found that one of those angle(rounded off tip) tipped allens (not the standard flat tip) worked best for the the of an angle of attack on removing the bolt.

Baffles in is the way mine is gonna stay for now(when and If I ever added a power commander,header, and custom tune, I bet it would behave then better with baffles out).

Take care,

WW

:)

Seriously guys, I have done some pretty extensive research. Remus Hexecone Pipes are nice (best looking bar none)but $2000AUD for slip-ons? Are you kidding me? Plus, I reckon they sound a bit pussy to be honest (even with baffles out). I've done some research & think that the Beowulf cans from the UK at $720AUD (about 750US at time of writing)are the ducks. Really good quality, lifetime warranty, very customizable and sound better than the Remus. I will sacrifice a little in the looks department if it saves me $1300!!!!!!

Wowsa! 2nd post and reviving a dead thread approaching four years old! I like your style. I guess you've been waiting for 'just the right time' to throw your hat in to the mix. :lol:

$2,000 for a set of slip-ons? Double Yowsa! Check out the thread on the 'Trooper Mod' and Garauld's tailcones.

Wowsa! 2nd post and reviving a dead thread approaching four years old! I like your style. I guess you've been waiting for 'just the right time' to throw your hat in to the mix. :lol:

$2,000 for a set of slip-ons? Double Yowsa! Check out the thread on the 'Trooper Mod' and Garauld's tailcones.
Who cares about time? An FJR1300 is timeless so many will change exhausts at any time. Time is irrelevant. FJR's always require the latest & greatest up-to-date info! What are you riding my friend?

Seriously guys, I have done some pretty extensive research. Remus Hexecone Pipes are nice (best looking bar none)but $2000AUD for slip-ons? Are you kidding me? Plus, I reckon they sound a bit pussy to be honest (even with baffles out). I've done some research & think that the Beowulf cans from the UK at $720AUD (about 750US at time of writing)are the ducks. Really good quality, lifetime warranty, very customizable and sound better than the Remus. I will sacrifice a little in the looks department if it saves me $1300!!!!!!
If their website would actually allow me to pay for them!!!!!!!

Who cares about time? An FJR1300 is timeless so many will change exhausts at any time. Time is irrelevant. FJR's always require the latest & greatest up-to-date info! What are you riding my friend?
Speaking of up-to-date information, there ARE a few more recent threads about slip-ons and specifically the Remus Hexacones. But, it don't matter. It's all good. And since I am here on FJRForum, you can bet I am riding an FJR.

Psssst! Look at the signature line.

I love the cold! Had a look at Staintunes but for nearly 1300 bucks, that's pushing it. Trying to source a better deal on the Remus cones because Beowulf's website won't allow me to pay for theirs due to a checkout malfunction. Pity cause they are nice cans. Cheap too at 720 delivered. stainless with carbon ends.