Repair of Fieldsheer Products

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
Just a point of information for you guys who have some Fieldsheer gear that is in need of repair. I figured I would save you the multitude of phone calls that I had to make to get this info. The address for sending the stuff to is:

Fieldsheer

2526 Manana Drive, Suite 104

Dallas, Texas

The contact person is Pam Gleason and her phone # is 214-654-0533 and her cell # is 713-345-0340. She seems to be very helpful. I'll keep you apprised of how my repairs went.

Just a point of information for you guys who have some Fieldsheer gear that is in need of repair. I figured I would save you the multitude of phone calls that I had to make to get this info. The address for sending the stuff to is:
Fieldsheer

2526 Manana Drive, Suite 104

Dallas, Texas

The contact person is Pam Gleason and her phone # is 214-654-0533 and her cell # is 713-345-0340. She seems to be very helpful. I'll keep you apprised of how my repairs went.
That is really helpful. I have several Fieldsheer pieces of protective gear. For the price, I think Fieldsheer is hard to beat. The protective material seems more substantial than other, lower priced gear. The armor is FAR better than that found in Joe Rocket Gear. The only problem I have is with the pants. Fieldsheer planners and designers seem to think if a person has a 'mature' girth, then they must be 6'6" tall.

Ron

Ron,

Its funny that you should say that because I sent back 2 pairs of pants to her and I asked why one pair is XXL and doesn't fit my 36" waste (no thats not misspelled) and the other one is XXL and I swim in it. Something tells me that they measured the biggest undernourished Phillipino boy that worked in the Fieldsheer factory and based their sizing on him. For your average caucasian, beer drinking, NASCAR watching, hot buffalo wing eating, lethargic, middle aged American, however, it doesn't work so well.... A little consistency in sizing and some better zippers would go far in improving their equipment. She did mention that they might be able to do something with the waist size so you might want to call her to check.

Fieldsheer planners and designers seem to think if a person has a 'mature' girth, then they must be 6'6" tall.
I have a similar problem... I'm 6'1" and my weight is only 156... so my Fieldsheer is extra baggy! :(
You are the perfect candidate for Vegemite....Please see THUG for details.
I thought Vegemites were those little red insects I found in my hotel bed during a trip to Nepal.

My problem with the pants were not with the fit of the waist, but the fact that the knee armor was down around my shins. A 40 waist pants must have had legs that were 36" instead of my 31". I gave them to a stout, tall friend of mine and they were fine on him.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update for anyone who cares.

Unbelievable. This woman Pam should be given an award. I sent off 2 pairs of pants via USPS priority mail to Texas on Wednesday, 10/26 and she just sent me an email that said they are fixed and back in the mail to me!! :yahoo: One pair was 3 years old and needed a new zipper and the other one was 2 months old and needed the side seam to be resewn. She never mentioned money, credit card, check or anything so I'm assuming it was a freebie. Not every day you see customer service like that. My hats off to her and to Fieldsheer for going above and beyond.

As far as sizing is concerned, she told me that since 2005 "there has been a major change in the sizing charts used in the motorcycle industry. They are more true to size now." Suggesting that they are moving more towards some sort of standardization in the industry.

Additionally she wrote:

"Now all of our products will be using YKK. Our USA Fieldsheer team has been

working very close with the overseas office to make improvements and the

zippers is one. We need to hear feed back like from you on the sizing and

zippers so we know what is going on. That very reason we took over our own

repairs is to know what we have problems with. Our distributor was not very

helpful in letting us know what was the problems were.Only way we can

improve our products in the future is to know everything."

Have a good one,

Pam

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very helpful information for repairs.

Now that Pam and her company want to know about the problems and address them as best as they can.

Ouit out sourcing the work and make here in the USa, than maybe you wilol not have that problem.

I know profit, profit, profit and cheap labor. Just a thought.. Still good info though

weekend rider :D

Alright, I just got the pants back from Pam Gleason at Fieldsheer and the repairs are excellent. New zipper, repaired seam, they look brand new....all at no charge. FINALLY, someone stands behind their product. All of that done in 7 working days. Sent out the 26th and got them back the 6th. Not bad.