Returning home from EOM?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
Alright, I'm back in Sag Harbor. 1700 miles of joyful riding since last Wednesday. Post up if you've arrived home safely.

Many thanks to all the people who made this years biggest and best EOM possible ie: Heidi, Jim, Jim, Jeff, et al, and all the great sponsers who donated some fine prizes. I, personally, am now the proud owner of a Premier Cycle Accessories $50.00 gift certificate. :yahoo:

I still want to know, out of 130 plus riders on FJR's, how SCAB picked the only guy riding a Suzuki Bandit 1250 as the first prize recipient of a Shoei Synchrotec helmet?? What are the mathematical chances of that happening?

Rt 220 comes highly recommended as a north/south route from WV to PA for anyone still traveling home...

Nice meeting everyone and see you again next year wherever that may be.

OOPS! Didn't see the other thread WVFJR posted concerning the same thing....SORRY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Two from Northeast Ohio (one FJR and one FZ6) made it home safely on Sunday. It was a good ride, thanks to all that organized the weekend, I'll be back.

Axeman,

Hey i think I saw you going through WVA on my way home...I was going south through some town, (i missed my turn on Old 55) and saw two fjrs heading north, one with amberish running lights...was that you??

Great road home wasn't it!?

Axeman,
Hey i think I saw you going through WVA on my way home...I was going south through some town, (i missed my turn on Old 55) and saw two fjrs heading north, one with amberish running lights...was that you??

That was him, I was on the 07 behind him. We were at a gas station a few miles south of there filling up and saw an FJR going north, then after we were again going north, we saw the same FJR going south.

Yea, great road!

Back home here in Worcester Massachusetts just before ten last night. Highlights of my adventure home:

Pucker moment on 219, front and then rear slid out on a corner half a foot, it must have been gravel. My Storms stuck, well after they slipped out, and the bike didn't even wiggle! Those tires are amazing.

Deer and then herds of deer crossing the road.

Turkey time.

Slab through Penn. and I thought the trucker was messing with me, but then a few more down the road said the same thing, "Hey two wheeler you have a bear following you." Finally I saw it with my own eyes as they pulled up close and just before they exited the highway.

It got cold when the sun went down. I found a warm apple pie on the stove when I got home, oh yeah and my warm honey too!

Axeman,

That could've been JR and me heading north. He was on his '07 and I was on my '04. The amberish lights may've been my CeeBailey headlight covers and they were filthy from Friday's rain.

As with the others, this was a great outing and thanks to Heidi, Brent, Grumpy, Ashe, and the rest. Like Heidi and Grumpy said, make sure to thank the sponsors, even if you didn't win anything.

Bob

Back at work!;-{

1900 FJRulous miles in 5 days, not nowhere near the highest total by any stretch.

Also took 220 home, stayed off the slab, great road for WV to PA & NE trek.

Like Mr. Bill, I saw heards of deer on 219 on the way down.

Had the local cop from Warm Springs give me a treat heading north on 220. He passed by just as I was turning onto 220, so he was in front of me. He had a "passenger" in the car and looked like they were on their way to court. We got behind a really slow moving truck. He passed and I stayed behind him. He starts driving at a fairly brisk pace, if you know what I mean. I figure, he can do it, I can do it, and he can't ticket me for that, can he? A few miles up the road, he really stomps it going into one of those reduced speed left hand corners. Turns into a decreasing radius turn, and he knew it was coming. I just closed the gap and smiled big, but I don't think he could see my appreciation under a full face helmet. :yahoo:

Then the fun was over and he had to go to court.

I had a really great time thanks to everyone who turned out, and especially Heidi and Jim.

Deena and I made it home OK. The ride was uneventful except for that short cut I took that only added about an hour to the ride.

We rode most of the way with Charlie Hoss and jmarran.

EOM was great.

Made it back home ok, temps got up to 92 deg in MO and OK. Had a great time, and thanks again to all, that worked so hard, to make this happen. Looking forward to EOM-08. :yahoo:

Home last night (Monday) after... well, I don't know how many miles. Got in around 7:30-7:45. Took our time getting home. Extremely tired today. Gosh, I need to stop drinking and smoking so much at these events. Those Canadian cigarettes... my throat & lungs are still killing me!

Saw a brother going home on VA60. We passed him while he was taking a break... & then in turn, he passed Jay & me while we were taking a break.

Will download pictures when I've got a chance... & I can find my download cord.

Peace everyone... had a great weekend.

Heidi

Deena and I made it home OK. The ride was uneventful except for that short cut I took that only added about an hour to the ride.
We rode most of the way with Charlie Hoss and jmarran.

EOM was great.
I had planned to stay at Geezer's house Monday night and finish the ride home on Tues, however, "someone" :assassin: decided she wanted to get home in a hurry so we slabbed it all the way. We were so far ahead of schedule that I decided I would head for home that night. I'd rather sleep with Arlene than Geezer! :yahoo:

I waved goodbye to jmarran near the NY border when he exited to I-87 North and I continued on I-84 East to Hartford and on to Maine. I was wearing my Widder vest and glad I was...it got pretty cool as the sun disappeared, especially the last 1 1/2 hours on the Maine Turnpike. It was 49 degrees when I got home at 10:00. Total miles from Lewisburg-870, total for week-2241.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make EOM a success. I had a great time with a fantastic group of people and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Charlie

Home safe and sound....Said our good byes to Marty A and Sally somewhere in PA.

let Mike H head for home somewhere near Hamilton

then I carried on to home.

took a new way through Buffalo.... before you know it I'll know the whole city!

Checking in...awesome meet!

Slabbed back to CMH early to pick up wifey from the airport.

5 Days, 1360 miles. 299.9 miles each way to/from EOM/Home.

So that's 760.2 miles of twisties :yahoo:

Good friends, good times, great twisties and well organized event!

Home safe and sound....Said our good byes to Marty A and Sally somewhere in PA.
let Mike H head for home somewhere near Hamilton

then I carried on to home.

took a new way through Buffalo.... before you know it I'll know the whole city!
Ya....you & your GPS (in Buffalo)....home safe & sound....even if Huron 52 took BugR's

deer petting duties over on the way home.... :eek: ....