Richmond, BC, Canada, PacificYamahaBMW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwavey

Reaction score
Bought my FZ6 there 2 years ago, traded it in there for a new FJR last month. I was waiting for the sales guy Patrick to let me know when the 06 FJR's hit the sales floor, finally I contacted him on a Wednesday to ask. He told me he had one on the floor and if I was interested he'd put a 'sold' sign on it until I could get there on the Saturday afternoon on the spec that I'd actually buy it. On the same Saturday BMW was having it's ride day, making it an absolutely crazy time. Nevertheless, Patrick pulled out the FJR for me to take out on a good test ride, and paid enough attention to me that I never felt lost. In fact, he had to wait for me a couple of times because I was yakking to somebody else there or drooling over other bikes and accessories. They made me work for a good deal on the FJR but I ended up with a deal I liked. Despite all the bustle of the day's event and my not signing the papers until an hour before closing, I never felt rushed; they took the time to make sure I was familiar with the manual, bike, service, etc - I ended up riding out of there almost an hour after closing. Follow-up was good, especially their getting the side-cases to me - the cases arrived from Yamaha about a week later and they had them keyed and shipped them to me at no cost to me (I live about 100km and a ferry ride across 40km of sea water away). First service was a good experience too - they're a bit out of the way from everything so they gave me a ride to a nearby mall that I wanted to go to and came to pick me up at a transit station a 10-15 minute ride away when the bike was finished. The bill was a bit pricey but not out of line from what other dealers are charging, and they gave me a 10% discount and knocked off some of the labour time that they normally charge.

Overall, I'm a happy repeat customer and have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone - my willingness to ride round-trip 200km and spend $60 for the ferry (not just for the sale but for the return trip for the first service) when there are a half dozen Yamaha dealers on my side of the water must say something.