• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rick Mayer leather saddle for Gen 1 - SOLD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Bansen

Reaction score
I have a virtually new Rick Mayer saddle (dual custom) with the leather inserts for sale. It's a very long story, but I waited an extraordinarily long time for this saddle, received it last June and rode it a few times last summer, including a few thousand miles to and from the IBA National Meet in Denver. The saddle doesn't fit me well (I tend to slide forward on it) and after waiting as long as I did for it, I have neither the patience nor inclination to send it back to Rick to have it corrected.

The list price, built on your pan, would be $699 plus shipping (he currently has a $100 discount with free shipping, but you still have to supply a stock pan). Now - full disclosure - I rode back from Denver with a Beadrider on the seat and there are some indentations from the beads in a small (maybe 2" by 3") area of the seat - they are visible in the photograph below. They have not gone away - I think they will with some time and more use but they are noticeable now. It is not a perfect, like new saddle, but it is truly the next best thing. I'm 6' tall, 32" inseam, 210. The passenger saddle is also custom and should fit a smallish woman perfectly. $400 shipped in the continental US. If you're interested in a Rick Mayer saddle and want one delivered to you in a timely manner with no hassle for a great price, this is the only way you're gonna get one, trust me on that.

Pete Bansen

Truckee, California

pbansen at gmail dot com

IMG_0094-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the reasons you stated above are exactly why I will be doing a ride-in with Seth Laam in May next year. I used to use Rick exclusively, but no longer.

Good luck with the sale. It's still a nice looking seat.

This was my third Rick saddle. I think the other two were both ride-ins (at least one was). It's a nice saddle and would probably be great for someone a little taller than me.

I would really like to sell this saddle - price reduced to $375 shipped (CONUS only). Honestly, it's a steal at this price, considering that built on YOUR pan, you'd pay nearly $700 plus shipping and you would have to ship the pan to Rick.

Pete

I'll second this is a very good saddle. I have used one since 2011 and logged 10s of thousands of comfortable miles.

Rick Meyer's business has had serious setbacks related to his inability to deliver and his constant changing of locations. The many accusations of him taking money and not delivering a seat cannot be ignored. Do not buy a new saddle from Rick Meyer.

I hope it is for your sake Houston. I had a Rick Mayer seat that looks just like this one and used it for 8+ years over 90K miles. It was a very good seat until the last year when the foam cusioning seemed to give up and it wasn't comfortable for all day rides any longer. But there were many many miles on it before I realized it wasn't performing like its original self. I was very happy with it when I bought it and for years afterwards.

This is a very good deal for a quality seat.

Sold.

Thank you, FJR Forum members for your positive comments on Rick's saddles. Rick is a very nice guy and builds a quality saddle, but his life and business have been through considerable turmoil over the last year. He posted on Facebook that he has opened a new production facility and that the customer service issues that plagued his operation lately have been resolved.

Last edited by a moderator: