Riding Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
I went for a ride saturday- temps in the mid 40s, after about an hour feet started to cool off pretty good, I've always ridden with a military full leather 8-9" jump boot. Anyone got suggestions on a nice warm & dry boot.

New Enough is haveing a sale on the Oxtar Matrix right now. I've been wanting some, so...and I ordered some XXXL gloves, too!

I wear SIDI Strada Tepor EVO. They are comfortable enough to walk around in, and they passed the "drown test". I have ridden in temps as cold as 30 or 35 degrees, and my feet never got cold.

Brian

+2 Oxtar Matrix. I started riding with a pair of flight boots that worked great - until I pulled the tongue apart (dry rot). Bought the Oxtar Matrix because of the recommendations on this forum and because of the Gore-tex liner and no insulated liner. I wanted the windproof benefit but not the insulation. I've ridden in 20 degree weather for an hour or more and the most my feet got was "cool." Not uncomfortable. I did have to get used to the added thickness of the boot and the way that affected shifting, but like everything else you use it for a couple of rides and it's like you've been using the boots for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
+4 on the Oxtar Matrix boots. I use them down to the high 30's, and they keep my feet fairly warm. Now the summer riding is a whole 'nuther story.....

Latest posts