Riding The Dragon!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canes

Reaction score
Had a blast! Both Cherohala and Deals Gap lived up to the lore!

907738-942005dragon.JPG

Thanks to everyone that recommended hitting both roads. It was a long one day trip - 14 hours of riding.

It was well worth the saddle sores. It is really nice to get so many different styles of bikes together and still share the experience at Deal's Gap.

This sport keeps the old man feeling young.

DSCN2050.jpg

DSCN2063.jpg

Nice pics, got anymore? As long as work & weather permits, I'm going to do both of the roads next month. Any hints for a first timer?

--G

That's about it for the pics of the GAP. If you want a riding partner, let me know what date you are going to ride and I'll see if I can make it up.

All of 129 down through Georgia is nice riding. Do the Dragon at a moderate pace the first time. I liked Cherohala more than the Dragon, one long sweeper after another, and the scenery is breath taking.

Canes,

My plan is to combine the Dragon ride on the tail end of the Ohio Fall Ramble. Probably go down on Sunday October 16th, spend a couple days in the area and then high tail it back to MI on Wednesday. I'll keep you in mind. Thanks.

--G

Canes,
My plan is to combine the Dragon ride on the tail end of the Ohio Fall Ramble. Probably go down on Sunday October 16th, spend a couple days in the area and then high tail it back to MI on Wednesday. I'll keep you in mind. Thanks.

--G
Hey Escape

I might be interested in Joinin you on your little trip after the OHFR. I hope to make the ramble and it mostly depends on how much the EOM trip costs me to see if another trip to the dragon is in the budget in such a short period of time.

--Lance

Thanks Lance,

Look forward to meeting you in Ohio. Let's touch base then and see if plans will work out.

--George

Let me know when the day you are at the GAP is firm. I'd love to come up and ride with you!