Riding to EOM from Fl / South Georgia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a gentleman on here that might be interested to tagging along.... he goes by the forum name of "Rad".. Not to be confused with Radman. He lives in the sunshine state and is going to the EOM . Send him a PM.

Well, Rad if you see this, I did not get to read your 2d PM before the site went down. I can't figure out how to PM now. My email address is [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

I will be riding to EOM from either Jacksonville, Fl or Albany, Georgia. Anyone else heading to EOM want to coordinate riding up together?
Link to proposed route is:

Route to EOM from Jacksonville Florida

Vernon

I will be riding to EOM from either Jacksonville, Fl or Albany, Georgia. Anyone else heading to EOM want to coordinate riding up together?
Link to proposed route is:

Route to EOM from Jacksonville Florida

Vernon
The wife and I will be riding from Jacksonville..Not sure of the route yet. It will depend on time constraints. We'll do the slab if necessary. That may be best as this will be her first trip of this distance. Having said all that just PM me and we can discuss it. Several other riders in this area are also planning on attending.

Chief

I live in Jacksonville and I will probably be going to the EOM in Boone. I just got back from spending 3 weeks at my house in Boone so I'm only about 90 percent sure I can make it back for the meeting. I have spoken to Rad about going, but would like to hear from others planning on going. I'm leaning toward making it a two-day afair going up and two days coming back. I usually trailer the bike up on my regular visits, but would ride with the group if that is what works out. A recent issue with my back makes the prospect of spending all day on a 550 mile ride somewhat unappealing, therefore my feelings about taking two days going up.

I live in Jacksonville and I will probably be going to the EOM in Boone. I just got back from spending 3 weeks at my house in Boone so I'm only about 90 percent sure I can make it back for the meeting. I have spoken to Rad about going, but would like to hear from others planning on going. I'm leaning toward making it a two-day afair going up and two days coming back. I usually trailer the bike up on my regular visits, but would ride with the group if that is what works out. A recent issue with my back makes the prospect of spending all day on a 550 mile ride somewhat unappealing, therefore my feelings about taking two days going up.

Great to hear from some others who are interested in joining up for a ride to EOM. I had the great opportunity to have breakfast with Rad on Monday then we went on a short ride through Jax and Ponte Vedra Beaches. We discussed a two day ride up... don't remember if we discussed the ride home.

Any interest in meeting up sometime beginning of August to meet / discuss the logistics of the ride?

Vernon

Great to hear from some others who are interested in joining up for a ride to EOM. I had the great opportunity to have breakfast with Rad on Monday then we went on a short ride through Jax and Ponte Vedra Beaches. We discussed a two day ride up... don't remember if we discussed the ride home.

Any interest in meeting up sometime beginning of August to meet / discuss the logistics of the ride?

Vernon
Not sure about the 2 day ride up yet, it will depend on scheduling (kids in school). The wife plans on riding 2 up with me. She enjoys riding with me but says she will never ride her own bike. She wants to enjoy the ride without the responsibility. Look forward to meeting you soon.

Chief

Prevatt....RoadGlide....and other interested parties,

Let's all get together some afternoon or evening and talk about the trip to EOM. You can reach me at the following numbers: home...737-8749 office...221-2605 cell...307-4171. We'll decide on a place and time to huddle up and discuss things.

Tom Knight

Hi, I live in Jacksonville too and would be interested in joining your discussions regarding a group ride to Boon. Let me know where and when.....

Thanks,

Matt

fjrsinger (mike) and I are planning to trailer the bikes straight through in order to have more twistie fun. We have plenty of slab around here to play on :) If you are nice, Mike may let you throw some extra gear or something in our truck to haul up for you.

564 .*\) 3943

home number

We are out of touch for the next week while we are playing at the dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see all the local interest in the EOM.

Hopefully, schedules will allow some of us to ride up together.

My schedule, for the moment, is to leave Jax on 9/6 and check in at Boone on 9/7.

Check out on 9/11 and arrive Jax on 9/12.

Look forward to a local meet, to put something together, in the near future.

I have ridden with Fjrchick, Mike, Black Mamba and recently, Prevatt. Looking forward to doing it again.

Bob

904 372 0276

radretired(at)yahoo.com

All Jax riders......

A planning meeting for those thinking of going to the EOM will be held at TOMBO's restaurant on Saturday, August 5 at 8:30 A.M. TOMBO's is located on Phillip's Hwy. just south of where Sunbeam Rd. joins Phillips. As you head south, TOMBO's is on the left side of Phillips. I hope everyone interested can make it. If we need to change to a diferent place or time, let me know.

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605

All Jax riders......
A planning meeting for those thinking of going to the EOM will be held at TOMBO's restaurant on Saturday, August 5 at 8:30 A.M. TOMBO's is located on Phillip's Hwy. just south of where Sunbeam Rd. joins Phillips. As you head south, TOMBO's is on the left side of Phillips. I hope everyone interested can make it. If we need to change to a diferent place or time, let me know.

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605

I'll be there.

Bob

Tom, thanks for jumping on this. I will definitely be there on the 5th!

Vernon

All Jax riders......

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605

Great choice in locations, that's only 4-5 mile from the house. See you all on the 5th....

Vernon

All Jax riders......

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605

I live in Orange Park - Are rookies welcome at EOM? This is my first FJR (Ex v-twin idiot). I have had it since April and have racked up only 2200 miles. Went to SLC, Utah last month on business and rented a R1200RT, rode 500mi in a day through the mountains, and got addicted to the twisties. There are no roads around here that compare to the roads in Utah. Since coming back, riding the FJR seems boring..

Great choice in locations, that's only 4-5 mile from the house. See you all on the 5th....

Vernon

All Jax riders......

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605

I live in Orange Park - Are rookies welcome at EOM? This is my first FJR (Ex v-twin idiot). I have had it since April and have racked up only 2200 miles. Went to SLC, Utah last month on business and rented a R1200RT, rode 500mi in a day through the mountains, and got addicted to the twisties. There are no roads around here that compare to the roads in Utah. Since coming back, riding the FJR seems boring..

Vernon

All Jax riders......

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605
Tom, thanks for arranging this. I'll be there!

Wade

RoadGlide said:

Vernon

Scrape, I live in Jax and found plenty of twisties this weekend. Come ride with me sometime. I rode Friday afternoon to Va and rode the mountains on Sat morning then back to Jax late Sat night.....1200 miles. Man my knees were killing me....got to find some way to mount a highway peg.

All Jax riders......

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605
Tom, thanks for arranging this. I'll be there!

Wade

ScrapeApe....You definitely want to go to the EOM. You'll have more good roads to ride around Boone than you can believe. Come to the meeting at TOMBO's.

Latest posts