Riding to work conference

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingshot

Reaction score
Headed to Cheyenne, WY for work related conference Aug 5th through 8th. The route is preset until the west side of Yellowstone.

Any thoughts on routes out of Yellowstone to Cheyenne. It looks like there are two options when you hit Morgan Junction. Go southwest on 189/26 or go southeast on 26. I am leaning toward southeast through the Wind River Indian Reservation.

I would appreciate thoughts and advice.

wingshot

No route suggestions.. but what a lucky rider you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be right behind you. I'm headed to Jellystone on the 7th and coming back on the 10th. Mine's for pleasure though :blum: . I'm planning a day ride from Tower Jct to Red Lodge on 212 (Beartooth Pass) Then returning back to the park via 120 & 296(Chief Joseph Byway).

Out of Wind River Res stay east to Casper and off of 80, although most of eastern Wy looks similiar :bigeyedsmiley: . I used to work summers in Douglas & sister lived in Laramie. Have a good trip.

I leavie on the 1st and don't have to be in Cheyenne until the 5th. Thus, there are three days of "joy riding" to be had. Same for the way back, as I am starting the return on the 8th and planning to arrive home sometime early evening on the 10th.

Vol210, what is your route home on the 10th? Maybe we could meet up if riding the same route?