Rifle Windshield Size

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPTuner

Reaction score
For a Gen1, what is the actual physical dimensions of a +5 tall / +4 wide windshield? Can somebody that's got one measure it?

After more looking at their website chart, I'm guessing it's about 26.5" wide @ bottom and 24.75" tall. Is this correct?

I don't know what your height is, but I am 5' 10'' and was talked into a plus three Rifle windshield. After installing it I found that all the way up I was looking thru the windshield. That was okay because I just raised it to where I was looking over it. My problem came when riding in hot weather. The windshield didn't retract enough to give me some nice cooling air. I finally solved that problem by cutting three inches off the top of the shield. Now I am very happy with my Rifle shield.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the reply. I'm 6'1'' with 32'' inseam, by the way. I've got an email to rifle, but no response yet. But it doesn't hurt to have measurements from the actual product sometimes. I'm assuming that with the angle the tuning block produces, you would need a slightly taller windshield than the previous one to get the same "top of windshield" height. I'm definitely going to try one, just need to figure out which size. I want to just be barely looking through it with it all the way up. I have a medium cal-sci now but it's starting to get milky looking. Oh, I have the Baker Hand Wings & they work really good for giving you air or taking it away. They allow you to run a bigger windshield in the summer & still get air, or block the winter air off of your hands. Great farkle.

I appreciate the reply. I'm 6'1'' with 32'' inseam, by the way. I've got an email to rifle, but no response yet. But it doesn't hurt to have measurements from the actual product sometimes. I'm assuming that with the angle the tuning block produces, you would need a slightly taller windshield than the previous one to get the same "top of windshield" height. I'm definitely going to try one, just need to figure out which size. I want to just be barely looking through it with it all the way up. I have a medium cal-sci now but it's starting to get milky looking. Oh, I have the Baker Hand Wings & they work really good for giving you air or taking it away. They allow you to run a bigger windshield in the summer & still get air, or block the winter air off of your hands. Great farkle.
I think there site lists a phone number. That is how I communicated with them and at the same time they took my order.