Right saddlebag flew off...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeefSupreme

Reaction score
So as the title states, my girlfriend had pulled her helmet out of the saddlebag and didn't think to lock the handle down when closing it. It lasted about a half mile before it flew off. We found it torn up on the road and the key looks like someone smashed it trying to pry the thing open.

Where the hell do I find another saddlebag, and do I have any hope of rekeying it?

It's a 2005 that's Galaxy Blue.

Thanks guys.

Where the hell do I find another saddlebag, and do I have any hope of rekeying it?
That's why we have a Classified area. Look at the bottom of the forum now that you're a member. Sorry, I already sold my spare.

The key is smashed or is the lock smashed? If a key...you must have a second key you left in the bag, can pull it out, and the lock is still fine? If so, just transfer the lock over to another bag when you find one.

Alternatively, bikes came with a spare lock for use if you bought a top case. If you don't have a top case and still have that lock...use the cylinder.

Finally, depending on how trashed....Garauld on the forum fixes some bags that people think are unfixable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lock is smashed. I can post pics when I get home, but it appears as though someone tried getting in it. The paint is scuffed up but really I'm just worried about the lock. It seems as though the plastic on the case where the lock catches is damaged too.

I don't have the spare lock I don't think. Can they cut me one from my vin?

Thanks. I did check the classifieds

You can buy a new lock assembly for the side case and have a locksmith key it to match your remaining ignition key. 5JW-W9451-02-00

The price is outrageous for what it is, and you might be surprised that a pro can clean up the damaged one and extract the key fragments.

I recently ordered a new pair of saddlebags for my 2008. When I get them in and swap out the lock asembly from the old bags to the new bags, I'll be selling my right side saddlebag. Let me know if you're interested. It's in great shape. The latch on my left one had jumped a tooth and I couldn't get it repaired. So, since I was going to order a new one for the left side, I decided to get a new one for the right side as well. The right side bag has a few small scuffs on it from the previous owner, but they aren't scratched into the paint from what I can see. The bag functions perfectly.

Let me know. As far as pricing, I don't know what they go for. I'll have to look since I'll be posting it for sale here soon.