Road Rage to Start My Day's Ride (Captured on Video)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
I was toodling down the four-lane arterial near my house this morning at about 9:30 to meet up with my buddy for our ride to the police moto competition in Fairfield, followed by some Wine Country twisties and lunch (stay tuned for photos and a few minutes' video of some wicked twisties), when...Holy sh*t!
ohno-smiley02.gif
angry01.gif

Just another way to feel like an ant on a sidewalk when riding a motorcycle on city streets.
sad.png

Caught it all on my dashcam (1:11):

https://youtu.be/13QKvlZV6nI

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm yea, couple of dick wads. I wouldn't have lane split to get to the front near them Hans. That nincompoop could have thrown the car in reverse and caught you...

Umm yea, couple of dick wads. I wouldn't have lane split to get to the front near them Hans. That nincompoop could have thrown the car in reverse and caught you...
I felt being at the front gave me a better range of "outs" than hanging back in the herd of cages. Note that I waited when the light turned green to see if the two dick wads were going to take it up the road; but the DW in the black front car didn't move when the light turned in order to further piss off the other guy behind him. So I got outta Dodge. I expected to hear gun shots the whole time, but I don't know what came of it after I was gone.

I felt being at the front gave me a better range of "outs" than hanging back in the herd of cages. Note that I waited when the light turned green to see if the two dick wads were going to take it up the road; but the DW in the black front car didn't move when the light turned in order to further piss off the other guy behind him. So I got outta Dodge. I expected to hear gun shots the whole time, but I don't know what came of it after I was gone.
Didn't mean to second guess you on your video. I don't know what I would have done, break cover, or seek cover, seek distance, seek escape? Definitely food for thought.

Now finish the job, both of them are caught on video and you can see their plates. Off to the Sheriff it should go.

Now finish the job, both of them are caught on video and you can see their plates. Off to the Sheriff it should go.
I thought about that: Is that really a viable option for me? Would it amount to anything?

I looked again: I really can't see the license plates. Unfortunately.

That 'road rage' incident wasn't the only time during today's ride that a vehicle did a bat-outta-hell fly-by right next to me!

A few minutes after the above video was shot my buddy and I merged onto the freeway. As we got on, traffic behind us cleared, and we started to merge toward the fast lane. The only thing I saw behind us about a mile back was a dual-headlight motorcycle. I thought it was a Harley bagger based on its large visual front profile.

I merged into the fast lane, and as I was cruising at about 80 MPH, I suddenly hear the bike right behind me on my right quarter. I thought he was going to pass me in my lane, and I jumped to the left of my lane, giving the rider a head shake to say "Uncool passing me that fast and close!" [Hey, I'm not a cage you can do that shit to!
rolleyes.gif
]

Well, as you can see in this 11-second video clip, it warn't a biker....
no.gif
punk.gif

Thought you behaved very sensibly, you hung back while they were initially dicing and got clear at the end using (a little of) your acceleration. Ten out of ten.

Latest posts