Road side emergency

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it would be about 3 days to get a rim.....if you would be willing, CJ would send it back to you next Monday....or for that matter buy you a new one.....what do you think?? Thanks

Chris
I could do that. I will be away this weekend anyway, so I will not be riding. PM me a phone number and I will give you a call and we can work it out.
Intech, from what we are reading it looks like we need an 08 or later??? Im thinking that this might not work? What are your thoughts?
Read this after talking with Chris. I wasn't aware of changes. He is sending me a pic to see if that could give me an idea if it will work.

ABS sensors are completely different so there is no doubt that if you interchange you will lose the ABS function. The question is, are the spacers or any of the seals different sizes that will preclude you interchanging the wheels at all? And will the ABS ring on an 04-07 rear wheel interfere at all with anything on the 08 and later bikes.

I dont have a rim. I'm in between Lynchburg and Roanoke. Let me know if I can help in any way. My local shop does not have one either. I checked this morning.

Mike
PM is not working from hotel...bad internet..can you give me a call at 207-620-6697 thanks

When I cracked my rim, I took it to a Motorcycle frame straightening place to have it repaired.

Here is one near Knoxville, TN:

https://www.framestraightsystem.com/Video.htm

I realize it is far from you, but maybe they might know if one is closer to you.

I spent a few minutes and could not find any near your rural location.

Good luck.
thanks Doug...the rim is actually broken and torn. Damn!

I dont have a rim. I'm in between Lynchburg and Roanoke. Let me know if I can help in any way. My local shop does not have one either. I checked this morning.

Mike
Blueridgefjr has come through! Cant tell you all enough how appreciative we are for the help! Thanks again.

Chris

So you found a rim? I know a guy who I found out has some kind of salvage yard connection. I was gonna have them start looking.

Here is the deal. I'm going to loan him my rim and tire to get back home. His bike is being hauled to the local dealership, they are going to let me know if my stuff will get it home or if it's going to take more parts than I can do without. Let you know how it pans out.

Mike

Here is the deal. I'm going to loan him my rim and tire to get back home. His bike is being hauled to the local dealership, they are going to let me know if my stuff will get it home or if it's going to take more parts than I can do without. Let you know how it pans out.

Mike
Well done Mike, well done! This is what it's all about!

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have just pulled the wifeees bike. Pink and white FZ6R! Oh my. I will wear the full face with the solid black shield and hope like hell I don't run out of gas!! But it's ok if it help somebody out. Hope my setup will get him home.

The shop called me back. They said it looked like he would be o.k. to get home with just my tire/rim, said there was a little oil on rear diff. but it could have came out of the overflow during the tumble. So they said "every thing else looked Good".

Well.. once they told me to bring it in the morning when they open and they would be ready for it........that ment 1 thing.....go ride! I felt like it was the last time I would get to ride the ol' FJR. At one point I felt something run down my cheek, some would say "it was a tear". I will chalk it up as hard crosswinds.

I got a couple hour ride in and now have made it back to the FRIDGE, I mean shop, its time to tear her down.

Will let you know how it goes.

One of my intoxicated friends once said....."be good to people and hope like hell they would do the same to you".

Lets see.

Hey guys just getting back to the hotel......all I can say is that Mike has gone way above and beyond the call of duty on this one! CJ and I have been stuck since Sunday and really wondered how we were going to get out of this one! We got 2 offers to swap rims and Mikes seemed to be the one that made the most sense in terms of travel and fit. Bob, thanks for your willingness to travel such long distances to get us out of this jam.

No where else would you find folks willing to do this for people that they only (in most instances) know from the "internet". Truely amazing!

CJ and I will be at the dealership bright and early in the AM and we are keeping our fingers crossed that this will be the cure. Our only concern at this point is how much beer is Mike really going to demand! :p

Thanks again everyone, and we will keep you posted as our "journey" continues.

Chris

Hey guys just getting back to the hotel......all I can say is that Mike has gone way above and beyond the call of duty on this one! CJ and I have been stuck since Sunday and really wondered how we were going to get out of this one! We got 2 offers to swap rims and Mikes seemed to be the one that made the most sense in terms of travel and fit. Bob, thanks for your willingness to travel such long distances to get us out of this jam.

No where else would you find folks willing to do this for people that they only (in most instances) know from the "internet". Truely amazing!

CJ and I will be at the dealership bright and early in the AM and we are keeping our fingers crossed that this will be the cure. Our only concern at this point is how much beer is Mike really going to demand! :p

Thanks again everyone, and we will keep you posted as our "journey" continues.

Chris
Excellent news. I ended up taking the rest of the day off anyway. Safe travels home.

Bob