EOM 2018 - Maggie Valley, NC - September 20-23, 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a reminder for the EOM veterans and an FYI for the nOObs, bring yer Hawaiian shirt for the banquet on Saturday night.

If this is your first EOM and would like to know why, it's to honor a fallen Forum member. Ask any EOM veteran in the parking lot and we'll explain in more detail.

I'm in and bringing Wanda arriving Thursday afternoon probably to early to check in so will be hanging out in the parking lot until able to check in. Is there an updated attendee list anywhere? Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I'm in and bringing Wanda arriving Thursday afternoon probably to early to check in so will be hanging out in the parking lot until able to check in. Is there an updated attendee list anywhere? Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Here it is - and post 1 updated...See you guys this weekend!!

Update - Registration List as of 9/14/18 at 6pm.

Update - registration list...

0faceAllen_C

BigJohnSD

BikerGeek

Bill Lumberg

BkerChuck

BlacknWhite23

blanchd

Blind Squirrel

boofer

Brodie

Bucwench (not on forums)

Burnspot

Chivvalry

Clocklaw

CraigRegs

Crumpadump

Cyklnut

danh600

danh600's better half

Dave

dcumpian

De Oppresso Liber

Dianne

Doug Haddock

Drewvanracer

dsbiker

Dyeman

EarlW65

ElToroJoe

Festar

FJR_Gary

FJR183

FJRfarrier

FJRMark

FJR-Pilot

FJRPittsburgh

FJRPittsburgh(Mrs)

FJRPittsburgh(guest)

FjrVfr

Gary House

Gnirtsnod

Griff

HaulinAshe

Intech

ionbeam

Jessiewhit

JWilly

Keith Williams

Kornbread

kridnkris

LeeDavis

Liquidsilver

LKLD

Madmudder

Memphomaniac

mlazicki

Mrs. ionbeam

mrs.dsbiker

MrsClocklaw

PJ4863

pjrep4

Powerman

Prestone

RacinRay

RaYzerman

Shadow

snapcase

snapcase (guest)

SoozeBG

Spininprop

Stew

Stircrazy186

SWP (JWilly's Better half)

Tyler

vabikebreaker

vabren

VaCaveman

vthokies03

wellsj

wheaton

Wing Commander

yamafitter

zzzzip

Festar and I have been delayed by 24 hours, now plan on arriving Friday PM.

Arrived in Spearfish, home, this evening. My wife greeted me with news that the water heater is leaking, a toilet wall stop valve is leaking and the water pressure is in excess of 120#. Plumber arrives in the morning, I have to supervise. Reservation changed. Not sure what route we will take at this point. Looking forward to meeting all. John

I'm so excited to share this good news: IT LIVES. That may sound odd, but for the last 17 months, Big Blue has been sitting on its center stand in the back of the workshop. I took my FJR apart to repair a bent fairing support bracket that I incurred at EOM 2016. There it sat collecting dust all this time. But since I signed up for EOM this year, I just had to try to make this happen.

A big shout out to my son-in-law Brian who muscled that fairing stay back into position while I positioned the fairing pieces by hand until everything lined up.

Here's the good news: today, I drained and refilled the gas tank, flushed and refilled the radiator, installed a new battery, and said a little prayer. I stood back, flipped the kill switch, turned the key on , and punched the start button.

Nothing. It normally starts in about one full second of cranking. But just as I was beginning to wonder how long I should hold the start button down...

At the two second mark, it happened. She roared to life, burbling for a split second and then settling into its normal fast idle.

This may be no big deal for many, for for me, I had to do a little happy dance. I ran to open the workshop doors to let a little air in, looked up above and said thank you, and then just stood there looking at it. I kept thinking, IT LIVES !!!!! It sure is good to hear that engine again. The fairing is still in pieces all over the workshop, and there's much work to do yet, but I've crossed the first hurdle.

With a little luck tomorrow, I can get it all back together: hopefully I can say... EOM here I come.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Plumber here and gone, New heater on Thursday, pressure reducing valve and toilet stop replaced. Festar and I loading up, expect to be on the road by noon for a Friday arrival.

John,

I had a similar issue at my home a few years ago. Water company changed line pressures and screwed our whole development. Plumbers in every house on and off for almost a year. If your system uses a thermal expansion tank in the line be sure to change that out too as the pressure spikes have likely ruined it.

Update – Maggie Valley Inn – Room Status

I spoke to Beth at the hotel today. They are working with the evacuee’s to ensure the rooms reserved by our group are available. There could be a delay in departure of the current guests, based on the conditions of eastern NC. Right now, for Thursday arrivals, they are 5 rooms short. Beth has offered these options for us;

1 – Smoking rooms are available – anyone willing to change from a non-smoking to a smoking room would receive two nights comp’d (no room charge).

2 – Anyone willing to take a room across / down the street at the Laurel Park Inn, will receive two nightss at no charge.

3 – Anyone who wishes to cancel their reservation (even though it is past the cancelation window) would receive a refund.

If anyone is interested in taking one of these options outlined above, please get in touch with me asap.

Again – we ask for your patience with check in on Thursday. Arriving / checking in after 4pm would be very helpful and allow the housekeeping staff time to get the rooms turned over and ready.

Thanks,

Wayne

I spoke to Beth at the hotel today. They are working with the evacuee’s to ensure the rooms reserved by our group are available. There could be a delay in departure of the current guests, based on the conditions of eastern NC. Right now, for Thursday arrivals, they are 5 rooms short. Beth has offered these options for us;

1 – Smoking rooms are available – anyone willing to change from a non-smoking to a smoking room would receive two nights comp’d (no room charge).

2 – Anyone willing to take a room across / down the street at the Laurel Park Inn, will receive two nightss at no charge.

3 – Anyone who wishes to cancel their reservation (even though it is past the cancelation window) would receive a refund.

If anyone is interested in taking one of these options outlined above, please get in touch with me asap.

Again – we ask for your patience with check in on Thursday. Arriving / checking in after 4pm would be very helpful and allow the housekeeping staff time to get the rooms turned over and ready.

Thanks,

Wayne
Would option #1 be a room switch for whole weekend or just Thursday night? We could probably could tolerate a smoking room for one night but not willing to do whole weekend.

Good question - I believe the intent would be to have space for you to move to a non-smoking room after the evacuee's depart. However - I will defer to Beth on that one. I'll ask the question.

Would option #1 be a room switch for whole weekend or just Thursday night? We could probably could tolerate a smoking room for one night but not willing to do whole weekend.

Wayne, replied in other place but Dianne and I will take one of the smoking rooms. Would like ground floor if possible. Let me know.

Answer - yes, non-smoking rooms should be available to move into Friday.

Good question - I believe the intent would be to have space for you to move to a non-smoking room after the evacuee's depart. However - I will defer to Beth on that one. I'll ask the question.

Got it - sent your name to Beth.

Wayne, replied in other place but Dianne and I will take one of the smoking rooms. Would like ground floor if possible. Let me know.

Update.

I got the same message from Beth - she found out today that the group still can not get back into New Bern due to water levels.

We've had a few cancellations and she's sliding people around to make this work. Again - please be patient - the impact of the hurricane is out of everyone's hands and we just have to be flexible and patient.

More to come...

Wayne

How do you spell "V-I-C-T-O-R-Y?" Finished up my labors on the FJR this morning just in time to head off to the hospital to witness my daughter screaming at everybody and my grandson being born. All the hollering turned into tears as mommy and baby Allen (he's named after his poppie, of course) spent some time hugging each other and hamming it up for the cameras afterwards. The FJR made the hospital run in about 30 minutes flat: ha... I forgot how quickly that thing can get through traffic. Anyway, I gave Big Blue a bath, gassed her up and she's ready to ride.

EOM here I come.

Gary