EOM 2017 - Wytheville 2.0 - Sept 28th to October 1st 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Room booked. Arrive Thursday afternoon.

Don't laugh, but, the bike will be in the trailer.

Don't ask because it's a long story. I'll share Saturday night.

See everybody there.

Room booked. Arrive Thursday afternoon.
Don't laugh, but, the bike will be in the trailer.

Don't ask because it's a long story. I'll share Saturday night.

See everybody there.
Meh, no laughing. Mine will be too, sort of. Dropping the bike and trailer on the way down to SC to see my mom. Will be heading back north to attend EOM and then loading it back up.

Information update on banquet meal cut off in post #1.

Update - Banquet Meal.

As many know, there was a serious issue with the banquet meal last year, causing us to run short on portions / servings. One contributing factor was that I allowed people who did not register/showed up at last minute to join the meal. The catering company ordered the food for the mail a week before the event, so adding these last minute folks meant that the buffer in meal portions was used / not there.

This year, I am going to have to put a cut off on the meal to avoid what happened last year. I want to make sure everything gets at least 4 green beans this year, not 3!!!

The cut off for registration and banquet meal will be 9/20/17 (Wednesday). I may slide once I speak to the catering company Monday, but right now it is 9/20.

Thanks,

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
So I touched base with Wayne and he agreed with this... Saturday night at the banquet, please wear your finest Hawaiian attire in honor of Beemerdons. We did this last year and had a competition for the best Hawaiian garb... this year, we're just gonna do it memory of our friend... if you didn't know him, ask around for those who did and wear something anyway cause you would've loved him as much as we did when he was here and I'm sure there will be a few stories...
icon_cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So I touched base with Wayne and he agreed with this... Saturday night at the banquet, please wear your finest Hawaiian attire in honor of Beemerdons. We did this last year and had a competition for the best Hawaiian garb... this year, we're just gonna do it memory of our friend... if you didn't know him, ask around for those who did and wear something anyway cause you would've loved him as much as we did when he was here and I'm sure there will be a few stories... [img=[URL="https://www.fjriders.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif%5D"]https://www.fjriders.com/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif][/URL]
:yes:

I will have my bike on a trailer too. Another long story, Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Riding two up with the wife!

Sorry, won't make it this year. Rode hard and got put away wet. Just finished two full weeks of riding in the Alps. A friend and I rented a pair of F800GT's in Munich and did an extended 4000km run through Austria, Italy and Switzerland before doing lunch in Lichtenstein and doing a long run on the German autobahn back to drop off the bikes. We had 3 temperate days of riding, 8 that were wet (did nothing but slow us down somewhat) followed by several days of cold including a blizzard at -7C coming over the Gotthard Pass near Andermatt. Did the Stelvio Pass in the rain, have the t-shirt. Despite the weather challenges, had great riding and didn't need the insurance after all.

Would love to see you all at EOM in Wytheville again but I'm physically and monetarily tapped out. Please all, ride safe.

Philip

stelvio.jpg

Good on ya! I really want to do Gotthard and Stelvio one of these years, since I've been flying over it for the last 13. Sometimes we can see the terrain...most of the time not. I still have to do it. Coming from the east, flying into Geneva I just know they're down there. It's really quite frustrating.

UPDATE.

Registration was closed on 9/21/17 and the meal count sent to the catering folks so they could place their food order. As of that point, no additional seats are available for the Banquet meal. We will not be able to add folks on to the meal count this week. In the past, I've allowed it and last year it was one factor contributing to the food shortage.

Thanks for your understanding.

Wayne

Information update on banquet meal cut off in post #1.

Update - Banquet Meal.

As many know, there was a serious issue with the banquet meal last year, causing us to run short on portions / servings. One contributing factor was that I allowed people who did not register/showed up at last minute to join the meal. The catering company ordered the food for the mail a week before the event, so adding these last minute folks meant that the buffer in meal portions was used / not there.

This year, I am going to have to put a cut off on the meal to avoid what happened last year. I want to make sure everything gets at least 4 green beans this year, not 3!!!

The cut off for registration and banquet meal will be 9/20/17 (Wednesday). I may slide once I speak to the catering company Monday, but right now it is 9/20.

Thanks,

Wayne

slightly more than 24 hours left before our departure.....Hitting TOH memorials on the way and avoiding as much slab as we can. Can't wait to see all of you! Safe travels to everyone!

Our plan may just be in jeopardy. Stepson rushed to hospital for emergency surgery, ruptured spleen. Will post more as I learn details. Dammit!