ROAD TRIP to Prosser, Washington!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Alright now... time to give back to the company that has given a lot to the FJR community since the day the bike hit our shores!
thumb.gif

Feel like a little road trip to Prosser, Washington next weekend? B)

While of course Desert Valley Powersports has been operating for a couple months now, they are having their formal Grand Opening the weekend after next, March 16-17, 2007:

Desert Valley Powersports "Grand Opening" announcement of FJRGoodies.com

Both Ignacio and I will be there all day, and Dan Denchel is going to put out a spread of food and drink. I am looking forward to the MX Jump Exhibition that is going to be held in their massive parking lot... hope this MX Freestyle dude lands all his backflips properly, 'cuz there isn't any dirt in the parking lot, it's all asphalt, baby! :eek:

grabwww.JPG

If you want to see first-hand the dealership that we rave about in the FJR community, then come on out to Prosser on March 17th and say hi to the owner Dan Denchel, the man who was a co-rallymaster last year at WFO-5 in Reno, the man behind FJRGoodies.com, and the man who has supported the FJR community like few others have!

MW121158b.JPG

And you don't want to miss an opportunity to "Potty on the Rocks" at the infamous Desert Valley Powersports bathroom! :lol:

MW121159b.JPG

And you can also say hi to Guru Glan and his Parts partner-in-crime, Seth Johnson, and just ask them "Hey, where the hell are my parts?!" They love that.... :lol:

Hope to see some of you on the 17th! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright now... time to give back to the company that has given a lot to the FJR community since the day the bike hit our shores!
thumb.gif

Feel like a little road trip to Prosser, Washington next weekend? B)

While of course Desert Valley Powersports has been operating for a couple months now, but they are having their formal Grand Opening the weekend after next, March 16-17, 2007:

Desert Valley Powersports "Grand Opening" announcement of FJRGoodies.com

Both Ignacio and I will be there all day, and Dan Denchel is going to put out a spread of food and drink. I am looking forward to the MX Jump Exhibition that is going to be held in their massive parking lot... hope this MX Freestyle dude lands all his backflips properly, 'cuz there isn't any dirt in the parking lot, it's all asphalt, baby! :eek:

grabwww.JPG

If you want to see first-hand the dealership that we rave about in the FJR community, then come on out to Prosser on March 17th and say hi to the owner Dan Denchel, the man who was a co-rallymaster last year at WFO-5 in Reno, the man behind FJRGoodies.com, and the man who has supported the FJR community like few others have!

MW121158b.JPG

And you don't want to miss an opportunity to "Potty on the Rocks" at the infamous Desert Valley Powersports bathroom! :lol:

MW121159b.JPG

And you can also say hi to Guru Glan and his Parts partner-in-crime, Seth Johnson, and just ask them "Hey, where the hell are my parts?!" They love that.... :lol:

Hope to see some of you on the 17th! B)
Can we have our pictures taken while "tinkling on the rocks"?

Bryce

That sounds like a plan, weather permitting. I would like to meet you and other FJR riders in the area, there are four of us in the Hermiston area that I know of, I'll see if some of them want to go........Lee

Got a little update for those of you coming out of town for this event and looking to spend the night....

Immediately next door (literally) to Desert Valley Powersports is a very nice, modern Best Western called the "Horse Heaven Inn". This is the same motel we will offer forlks who are coming to FJR TechWest 2007 in May.

Dan Denchel has secured an awesome room rate for FJR TechWest 2007, and he just got approval to extend the same rate for the Grand Opening this Friday and Saturday.

Normal room rates are $109.95/night. For TechWest 2007 and the Grand Opening this weekend, rooms are just $69.95/night!

The Horse Heaven Inn Best Western reservation number is (509) 786-7977, and you MUST tell them Group Discount code when making your reservations, which is simply: "FJR".

Hope to see a lot of y'all there..... Iggy, Tobie and Lisa Stevens, myself and a bunch of other forum members will be there both Friday and Saturday, it's gonna be a BLAST! B)

Anybody in the Portland area interested in going to Prosser on the 17th?
Looks like FJRjeff and I will be heading up this Sat. along with a friend of mine on a ST1300. I need to put some practice miles on before I head down to Palm Springs the following week. :yahoo: PM me or Jeff if anybody else wants to make the trip. I plan on leaving home about 7:30AM.

For those of us not familiar with area how about posting some directions. I am going to head out early sat. and would like to know where the hell I am going.

For those of us not familiar with area how about posting some directions. I am going to head out early sat. and would like to know where the hell I am going.
Clicky here for a map of details where 325 Merlot Drive, Prosser, WA is. You can enter a "To Here" and get custom directions for you tank bag.

Anybody in the Portland area interested in going to Prosser on the 17th?

Not certain of the game plan yet, but I'm up for an early breakfast if anybody else wants to meet someplace and grab some chow before heading out.

Jeff

Clicky here for a map of details where 325 Merlot Drive, Prosser, WA is. You can enter a "To Here" and get custom directions for you tank bag.
"Map"? "Tank bag"?

I just do what the Australian babe tells me to, and I usually end up in the right place...

Jeff

What works for you Jeff? Don't you live on the East side? I would like to take Hwy. 14 up the gorge so anyplace in that direction.

Bill

What works for you Jeff? Don't you live on the East side? I would like to take Hwy. 14 up the gorge so anyplace in that direction.
Bill
Yes, I'm on the East side.

There's not a heck of a lot out there, I think, unless we hop off for a bite in Vancouver. May be some stuff farther up the Gorge towards Stevenson.

Camas Restaurants

Or the old standby Shari's...

See if you find anything of interest on the map, and let me know.

Jeff

Jeff, Lets do Shari's on Airport Way, just off 205. Easy off, easy on. Say about 7AM. Anybody else leaving from PDX can join us.

Bill