Rob's bike ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the sunnrise today. WOW. Hope the rest can meassure up!

DSCF0114.jpg

Thanks for posting...

...I'm following along with you...let me know if you need anything...sarcastic posts...dogpiles...I'm here for you. :)

Have a great safe trip. :clapping:

Damn it Rob you have ruined the rest of my work day. I just looked through you pictures and now I have to get back to planning my route to NAFO...if you get a call from my boss you will have no one to blame but yourself!! :)

gypsy

So we pulled into Brads (pickaxe) and set up camp.Brad lives a couple of blocks from Daytona beach. We can hear the bikes from here.

DSCF0131.jpg

We look into Brads toybox and this is what we found.

DSCF0133.jpg

On the way out of S.C. we spotted an old car collection and had to stop.this guy had 13 acres of this kind of stuff.

DSCF0123.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The way Brad's lookin'...I'm not so sure he wanted you to take that picture. :blink:

Did he kick your ass afterwards? :assassin:

..and hey aren't you supposed to be down in Daytona taking pictures or sumpin' ;)

Have a great trip. Take LOTS of pictures.... :D

Well last night we went down to Main street to see what all the fuss was about. Very busy up and down the street.

DSCF0145.jpg

The local Police were out in full force. Mostly for visual effect. The riders were acctualy well behaved but sure enjoyed revving their engines.

DSCF0156.jpg

There was some entertainment at some of the hotter joints. These ladys were teasing the crowd and pouring drinks for the brave.

DSCF0157.jpg

No thats not Brian and myself in the shadow.

We started our day with an impromptu Florida FJR Owners meeting at Down The Hatch.

DSCF0161.jpg

We ended the day on the beach !

DSCF0166.jpg

It was good getting to meet you two. I'd like to keep in touch.

Next time let's meet inside where there is less racket, eh?

GyroBob is on the left of the pic, standing next to FJRob.

DownTheHatch-A.jpg

We had a morning of tire replacement for Brian and Larry (nitelife) in Brads (pickaxe) garage. We would like to thank Bill , owner of Cycle Goodies Inc. for doing 3 tires right away for the guys.

DSCF0171.jpg

Was this planned or expected, or did something bad happen?

Oh, wait. Not your bikes, was it?

Brian is my riding partner and had planned to get a new tire, but ended up getting 2 new Batlax tires. Larry burned off his tire on the way down yesterday so we visited Cycle Goodies Inc here in Daytona and the lads got all fixed up. We went out for a ride this afternoon and promptly got SOAKED!

We had a great day today. Went to the Daytona 200 ,what a blast!

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0204.jpg

Myself ,Larry ,Brad, and Brian at the track.

DSCN2443.jpg

This was one sweet Yamaha in the Yamaha display.

DSCF0181.jpg

Brad has been one of the greatest hosts ever. We have eaten like kings here,got free tickets infield to Daytona 200, worked on our bikes and took us on tour. Here's a pic of dinner the last 2 nights

DSC01761.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

great piccies and report...keep 'em comin'! :clapping:
Any thunderstorms over in Daytona?
Mark , yesterday we got about 4 miles from the house and then the skies opened up and soaked us. A little windy today but clear skies.I added a pic to previous post too Mark.

Hey gang we are in Marathon right now with limited Internet use. We will post some more pics soon. The Kennedy Space Center was very costly for what you got in return. I think we were helping pay for the next launch. We jumped in the ocean at Fort Lauderdale and then hit Miami at rush hour. The motel we are at right now is the Blue Waters Motel. Nice and compfy. We are planning to go to Key West for day.

See ya