Rob's Spring Fling

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002/ Dark Side
Reaction score
So on Monday one more of my pals retired. So in honour of this great moment we went for a ride. Our ususal meeting place is Brownies cottage just south of Dorset ON. I meet up with Brownie and Ken (new retiree) at the cabin. Tonight we eat, drink and watch hockey. Tomorrow we wait for the arrival of our new pal , Ingin, (sounds like Injun but with a hard G.) Our stable of bikes are 1 FJR, 2 WeeStroms and a KLR. By the end the day we will ride almost 700kms. We will see Cementheads, one Moose, one Deer, an abandoned town and a Fish farm run by the local First Nations Band. Sit back and enjoy.

Arrival time

IMG_0228.jpg

Because the cabin is "off the grid" water is brought in the old fashioned way.

IMG_0224.jpg

Plumbing is old school too!

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

The first night we ran the TV off the generator and watched the Play-offs by the fire. How Canadian is that?

IMG_0239.jpg

In the morning it was clean-up time old school. BRRRRRRRRR!

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Finally Ingin shows up just as we sat down to breakfast. Peameal bacon and eggs with fried potatoes. MMMMM

IMG_0256.jpg

On the road for a couple of hours and it's time for a coffee.

IMG_0258.jpg

Our first stop is at the Cementhead farm. Do you ever get the feeling that some people just have too much time on their hands? How about over 100 cement statues. HUGE!

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Our next leg took us down 30kms of dirt road.

The destination is an old abandoned town. In it's heyday at the turn of the Century this was a bust port on Georgian Bay off Lake Huron. It was a lumber shipping town. As the forests were stripped bare they tried to use it as a Grain shipping yard but that didn't fair to well either. The whole town sits inside the Parry Island First Nations reserve.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...5-w&split=0

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

When they say Moose crossing , they mean Moose crossing!

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

The area is now used for fish farming.

IMG_0275.jpg

We even managed a little 2 track riding.

IMG_0281.jpg

Back at the cabin relaxing a bit.

IMG_0282.jpg

A little trip around the cabin for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

This one says it all

IMG_0291.jpg

Mike old buddy I can't hold a candle to some of your exploits. But , I'm trying.

Rob - that's a riot ! Love the 'local-colour-around-the-cabin' shots :D

See you at Tremblant ?!

I would good American Dollars for the rack and backrest off the Honda 650 in the picture of the three old bikes.

Rob it looks like a good time was had by all....well maybe not that chair you were sitting on. :lol:

See ya in Mont Tremblant in 44 days!!!

gypsy

Latest posts