RTE in memory of JR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Sooze and I will be there.

We were just down the road on Sunday when we went to an Akron Rubberducks game.

I'm planning to be there with my friend Tim from Philadelphia. We both met John and heard him speak at Aerostitch's Very Boring Rally last year in Duluth, MN. His death was a tragic loss as he was a great guy and a highly decorated LD rider. Hope to see some of you there.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are not familiar with JR, he was involved in a crash last October. I always wondered what would cause a veteran LD rider to swerve in front of a car an be hit from behind. Was there ever any resolution to this?

The pastrami at the Diamond Grill is a temptation! I don't know what June 21 will bring, but I'm definitely a candidate for the memorial ride even though I didn't know John personally.

I wish I could but the dreaded 4 letter word, "work" has other plans for me. Safe travels to all of you.

For those who are not familiar with JR, he was involved in a crash last October. I always wondered what would cause a veteran LD rider to swerve in front of a car an be hit from behind. Was there ever any resolution to this?
No resolution that I have heard. Lots of theories but zero hard evidence. It appears to be simply a tragic accident.

The pastrami at the Diamond Grill is a temptation! I don't know what June 21 will bring, but I'm definitely a candidate for the memorial ride even though I didn't know John personally.
There were two investigations into the accident. The second directed by the head of the NJ Highway Patrol. Bottomline, the young girl was found not to be at fault in the accident. No finding would change or mitatgate the loss of John.