Russell Day Long - Pictures / Description Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpdrv

Reaction score
Ok I picked up a Russell Day Long Single Saddle used from a member here and I love it, but I did not do the ordering....

I will be ordering a new one when the next color comes in 2015. No red for me.

I have seen many variations of materials, on many members bikes here. I thought there should be a thread with pictures and a description of what they ordered so when new members want to order a new seat it will help them with decisions on what they may like to buy / order.

I find that they don't really have an area that shows all the materials they offer. For example:

I don't see this material anywhere on the site, and I really like it. I hope its ok I borrowed this pic from fammdw

100_1417.jpg

IMO - They don't have a huge variety of pics for the FJR, so I thought I'd try to supplement that here for those interested.

So Please post up a pic and share some of the info you used to order your seat to help assist new buyers, as well as Russell to eliminate uninformed customers.

Ok I picked up a Russell Day Long Single Saddle used from a member here and I love it, but I did not do the ordering.... I will be ordering a new one when the next color comes in 2015. No red for me.

I have seen many variations of materials, on many members bikes here. I thought there should be a thread with pictures and a description of what they ordered so when new members want to order a new seat it will help them with decisions on what they may like to buy / order.

I find that they don't really have an area that shows all the materials they offer. For example:

I don't see this material anywhere on the site, and I really like it. I hope its ok I borrowed this pic from fammdw

100_1417.jpg

IMO - They don't have a huge variety of pics for the FJR, so I thought I'd try to supplement that here for those interested.

So Please post up a pic and share some of the info you used to order your seat to help assist new buyers, as well as Russell to eliminate uninformed customers.
It's called Basket Weave pattern

Thanks chui, perhaps I'm a dolt but I don't see anywhere they list material.

Is there somewhere that I'm missing it on the site ?

Wouldn't various fabric types available be something they should list as options ?

Seriously not trying to be a Jag, I have hovered over every one of those pics. And again just now, there is not one in their gallery that shows that material....

Warpdrv,

You are correct, I was unable to find that pattern in a picture on the Russell site. I grabbed one of a forum and sent it along with the required pictures. As ahchiu mentioned. It is called basket weave. My seat arrived today... about 2 weeks before I expected it.

null_zps7509ee06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish that the basket weave had been available, or if it was available that I had known about it, when I had my Vstrom seat done. I do not think it would have made a huge difference in comfort, but the weave would ostensibly be cooler in the heat than the plain vinyl I got two years ago and have now, (Russell solo in half moon stitch pattern with regular black vinyl)

100_1864.jpg

But the real deal, as far as I'm concerned, is the leather seating in a half moon pattern on the FJR. Look under the heading of comfortable motorcycle seat and this is the poster child

100_1151.jpg

Would I spend the extra for leather again? Furkin right I would!! It is well worth the extra coin.

Glad to see that I'm not crazy..... Now we can continue with the pics and descriptions for others to appreciate the options and how they look on the FJR.

Keep 'em coming guys....

Mine isn’t very different than the picture Warpdrv posted to start this topic. The only difference is the one in the first post is a solo and mine is a dual. When I ordered mine last year (group buy) I had found the same picture, I couldn't find the material in their list so I emailed it to Russell. They responded quickly saying it was vinyl, basket weave insert with the half moon stitch. Since the material option wasn't listed I wrote down what I wanted in Seat Position field.

This is a great seat, I’m very happy with it.

DayLongSeat2.jpg

Leftsideview2.jpg

Here's mine. Plain ole' black vinyl. Backrest slides out in about a second but good to have for this old-guy's back for longer rides.

DSC00040.jpg