• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day Long Seat Set - Gen 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nervous

Reaction score
I am offering my Gen 2 Russell Day Long seats. They standard black vinyl in their "rectangular" stitch pattern. The seat sits you slightly higher than the stock seat, maybe 1/2" -3/4" taller than stock. You can use the seat in either the high or low position. I used it in the low with 33" inseam but could have used either position and touched the ground OK. As I understood it when I purchased it had less than 1500 total miles on it and was originally made in a 210#/33" spec. They are in just beautiful condition with only the normal minor markings where the seats contact each other and the tank. Nothing of concern. I am 240# and 6" tall with a 32"-33" and had no issues whatsoever with it being too soft or saggy. It's a solid platform. However, a new job leaves me no commute time and other commitments are leaving me little extra riding time so I just can't see these beauties sitting in my garage when someone else can be enjoying them. I don't dislike the stock seats enough to justify owning these with the riding that I am able to do.

$425.00 shipped CONUS.

Who wants 'em?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, before I ask any one to commitment I just found two small blems that I had not noticed previously. I saw them after I hung up the phone with SeattleTy and thought it best for a little more full disclosure and avoid any surprises. Here's what they look like:

The pics look worse than it does in person but they are these. They look like the seats had been bumped into something or set down on a concrete floor. I did take a black Sharpie to them and they are not visible on the bike. As I said I hadn't even noticed until a few minutes ago. So that's the info, Reset your commitments and let me know if you're all still interested. I'll do $400.00 shipped with the blems