• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day-Long Touring Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a cogger and just e-mailed my pics in and will be faxing my order from work tonight.

We got the 20% discount and I feel we no longer need to keep a list. We did what we set out to do and if everyone who has not ordered does not jump on this deal then they only have themselves to blame. Deals like this do not come up very often and I for one an very happy Russell was so generous with their discount. I for one can't wait to start seeing everyone's seats next month. For those that have not placed your order yet you have until November 30th.

[SIZE=24pt]Just rated you as a 5 star....FANTASTIC JOB....THANKS[/SIZE]

I'm not real pleased when over 95 people say they going to do a Russel seat order and when it comes time to put the money down 70 % dissappear, and missing a 25 % discount in the process. Seems like the 70 % no shows should ultimately pick up the tab for those who are true to their word on buying a seat.
Yup, you always have those who wish and want and never buy. I am happy because I got two and saved a bunch. Even at 15%, I would have saved a bunch. But, hey, we GOT the 20% promised. Think of all those who paid full price. They are happy...why not us? Your butt will thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paid. My production date is Jan 7, 2008. Heather said I was number 62 in the group buy!

:yahoo: :yahoo: Sweet the 20% discount is on! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Good Job 2006FJR!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'm in and sorry for the late but but as an incurable procrastinator I'm glad I finally got it done. Was on for Jan 4 but changed it to Jan 14. One of these days I really need to get one of those round to its.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday all.

7X

I'm in and sorry for the late but but as an incurable procrastinator I'm glad I finally got it done. Was on for Jan 4 but changed it to Jan 14. One of these days I really need to get one of those round to its.Have a great Thanksgiving holiday all.

7X
Bozeman, Mt? You did get a heated one...right?

Been through Bozeman lots of times. Wife crashed there. The people of Bozeman were great. Lots of people stopped. EMT didn't even take our insurance. Local police and Sheriff's Deputies very helpful.

Unfortunately, she got a ticket from a Montana Trooper who made her STAND outside his car, bandaged and hurting, for 30 minutes while he ran her and wrote her a ticket (falure to control). We LEOs have our 1%ers too.

Bozeman has got to be a great place to live. With one exception, the people there are fantastic.

I'm new to the forum, what is the base price for a Russel saddle with the discount? Can you get just a driver seat or do you have to get both?

I'm not sure I will need a new saddle, the stock one seems pretty nice.

RRA

I am so there. Put my name on the list. How do I confirm that you have me in the group buy?

Thanks

No need to be on list here as we have already met the 20% discount. Send in your order form (from Russel site) & mark the top "FJRFORUM GROUP BUY". You can call RUSSEL DAY-LONG & get more info since there are variables that affect price. Call Russel to confirm order & reserve with credit card No money taken until seat is done . . .

I would like join the group buy on a Russell Day Long. I'll continue to read the posts so I can understand the procedure I need to take.

WE WERE JUST GIVEN A 20% DISCOUNT FOR ALL ORDERS PLACED BEFORE NOVEMBER 30TH, 2008!

I'm new to the forum, what is the base price for a Russel saddle with the discount? Can you get just a driver seat or do you have to get both?
I'm not sure I will need a new saddle, the stock one seems pretty nice.

RRA
I dealt with the stock seat for 3 1/2 years...I rode 660 miles for my longest ride.. However I was toast after that and useless the next day for a long day. (I even used a sheepskin after 400 miles to add some cushion to be able to endure the rest of the ride.)

If you plan on a long riding vacation with multiple long days in a row- definitely get an aftermarket seat. The 20% discount is great and won't typically be there.

I have a Russell now and have no problem with long rides multiple days in a row.

{"I'm not real pleased when over 95 people say they going to do a Russel seat order and when it comes time to put the money down 70 % dissappear, and missing a 25 % discount in the process. Seems like the 70 % no shows should ultimately pick up the tab for those who are true to their word on buying a seat.

Yup, you always have those who wish and want and never buy. I am happy because I got two and saved a bunch. Even at 15%, I would have saved a bunch. But, hey, we GOT the 20% promised. Think of all those who paid full price. They are happy...why not us? Your butt will thank you."}

Well, I'm one who put my name down early for a seat, only to later read that it does not apply to "ride in" buyers. So I will likely try to work out something for a later "ride in" appointment. It makes me shake my head to see the kind of crap written above by folks who think they know it all.

Whoaaa, shame on me for being judgemental...

Its pathetic to see the the hand wringing about another 5% discount in jeopardy.

Whoaa, getting judgemental again...

Its pathetic to see the the hand wringing about another 5% discount in jeopardy. Whoaa, getting judgemental again...
Bad bikerskier, bad.

Because that extree 5% discount on a "top-of-the-line" Russell with full leather seating, dual heaters and double fat-ass suspension system would actually amount to about $50. Yeah that's US Dollars my friend. (prolly about 45 Canadian by now or about 2 euros.)

That 50 samoleans would be far better sent to the OVFJR fund, if you ask me (and I know you didn't).

Oh, I am sending my order on the weekend when I can get some pics taken. The Mayer seat didn't do it for me. My total bill will come to a little over $500 for a full leather solo seat. I'm good wid' dat.

No new comment...I'm just trying to keep this thread going so it has a shot at the world record for longest threads! :p

(Admins, feel free to chastise me for wasting bandwidth. I shall respond, "Thank you, sir! May I have another?") :lol:

I think it's probably prudent to repeat the last critical statement with some emphasis added by the thread starter and close this thread.

Good job on setting this up 2006FJR and glad people enjoyed the good deal to be had. :clapping:

We got the 20% discount and I feel we no longer need to keep a list. We did what we set out to do and if everyone who has not ordered does not jump on this deal then they only have themselves to blame. Deals like this do not come up very often and I for one an very happy Russell was so generous with their discount. I for one can't wait to start seeing everyone's seats next month. For those that have not placed your order yet you have until November 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.