Sargent Seat for 06/07 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Cobalt Blue Welt sounds interesting. Wish they had a picture of that option.
Unlike their seat for the '03-'05, the front seat welt on the '06 version only runs along the 2 sides. The welt behind the driver (in front of the passenger) is actually on the pillion. So, if you're only planning on getting the front seat, you may want to reconsider getting the contrasting welt color. It may end up looking like 2 unfinished stripes.

For a small amount you can send in your rear seat and they will cover it to match the new front. Thay's what my friend did and it looks great. He almost never has anyone on the rear anyway. My wife rides on the back of mine all the time as most of the locals know and she had the rear design changed 3 times to meet her, ahh "requirements". The rear should be out as a finished product in the May time frame. Anyone in the area is welcome to come by and test the seat on my bike before you buy. It often comes to a matter of personal preference. Anything is better than stock.

Wade

Anybody get theirs yet? I ordered mine last thursday. I won't expect it this week.

Mine came in yesterday. The Sargent I had for my VFR and ST1300 was the same size as stock but better support/comfort. The Sargent for the FJR is wayy better than stock. The slope toward tank is fixed so nice and level. Also there are little "wings" similar to Russell etc. but no so pronounced. I did not have the opportunity to test ride it as my wife is out of town all week on business and I'm taking care of kids but Sat. I will be taking the FJR to NC mtns for 4 days and should rack up over 1k miles so I'll post a follow up.

Also the seat looks good and matches good to stock passenger seat though I keep a Cortech sport tailbag there.

Steve