Sargent Seat - Help Identify

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nervous

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me identify the difference between these two Sargent seats.

This was my Gen 2 seat from last year. Clearly defined scoop and the welting goes all the back of the seat

And, I just picked this up from a forum member that should also be a Gen 2 seat yet the profile is noticably different, flatter with no scoop and the side welting does not go al the way back.

I don't believe it's been re-foamed because the staples and material underneath look factory fresh and untouched. Is it possible it's a Gen 1 seat? Will a Gen 1 seat even fit a Gen 2 bike? I thought there would only be one Sargent style because that's all they list. Just curious if anyone can explain their differences.

I don't know all of the differences but Sargent sells two different seat models for the 2nd Gen FJR's, the World Sport Performance seat and the World Sport Performance Plus seat. Might check that out....

Send your message to Sargent and see what they say?
Yup, that has also been sent.

I don't know all of the differences but Sargent sells two different seat models for the 2nd Gen FJR's, the World Sport Performance seat and the World Sport Performance Plus seat. Might check that out....
Interesting. I thought there was only ine. I will do that now

Thanks.

When I bought my Sargent seat it didn't look scooped because the cover was still streched tight across it but when I pushed down with my hand I could see and feel the scoop ...

In the Sargent website before you make the order they offers and customizing service for your personal seat..

Perhaps this seat is a customized seat..
rolleyes.gif

In the Sargent website before you make the order they offers and customizing service for your personal seat..Perhaps this seat is a customized seat..
rolleyes.gif
In the Sargent website before you make the order they offers and customizing service for your personal seat..Perhaps this seat is a customized seat..
rolleyes.gif
+1. My thoughts as well.
After a couple e-mails back and forth with them that was the most likely reasoning. All their foam is injected molded so they would all be identical however the thin, additional top layer looks like it was most likely added at the time of the build because everything else looks untouched. Either way it's not a bad thing, simply a different thing and actuallt does a nice job in offering a nice, wide and level seating surface. My work here is done. Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too many differences,It is a nice seat!The only difference that i noticed in the picture is the welting,but not bad..As about the scoop there is very little difference from what i can see in the picture..