Saturday Bike Night

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads
Reaction score
Assuming the weather holds...which is always a question here! Anybody interested in making the trek to South Sound and sample the kool-aid?

Description says they will have 2Fast, KFG Racing and a couple other folks there, even a dyno for those who want to make a run.

We've crashed a couple other of their events, time to start the season out right! I'll probably leave the north end around 2:30ish, go down the valley and then??

...and note, I'm not pulling an OM on ya with 15 minutes notice!! :lol: ;)

--G

George

We might see you there, heading out to Dungeness Bay and then round hoods canal. We are going to drop into SSBMW to pick up our plates, have some food, top up our koolaid reserves.

Chris

Assuming the weather holds...which is always a question here! Anybody interested in making the trek to South Sound and sample the kool-aid?

Description says they will have 2Fast, KFG Racing and a couple other folks there, even a dyno for those who want to make a run.

We've crashed a couple other of their events, time to start the season out right! I'll probably leave the north end around 2:30ish, go down the valley and then??

...and note, I'm not pulling an OM on ya with 15 minutes notice!! :lol: ;)

--G
On the fence...

Where's a likely meeting point? Fall City?

On the fence...

Where's a likely meeting point? Fall City?
Either Carnation or Fall City works for me, around 3...or South Sound if the timing doesn't work out.

--G
I'm 50/50 right now, but will try my best - those locales should make finding folks easy enough - not like there's anything in between... ;)

Damn, the sun is shining and it's not the liquid variety either. :blink:

On the road in a few minutes...will be at the Shell in Carnation just before 3.

--G

Goergie, you missed a nice slice of heaven today, and I'm not talking about the strawberry pie that Niehart horked down at lunch.

Bing Lost Valley Road WA and you'll see a sweet little I5 detour that adds another 60 miles to the route.

I had it in mind to take a buncha of pix on the run today, but Niehart and Beemer Reemer and I never really wanted to slow down. We ran it twice.

I was so tired when I rolled in around 4 this afternoon it was all I could to cook up a batch of hand rolled chicken-green chile/cheese tamales, hand made tortillas, and pot of New Mexican Pozole. I did manage to get a shot of that for you...

P1020712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yummy looking grub...might be time for a Mexican night somewhere.

Saw Chris and Di with their new wheelie rig. Chris says it really begins making sweet noise above 5K! Di reports the pillion room is quite comfy and along with the backrest, they are ready for Alaska. :D

We'll have to do one of these bike nights again. Quite a collection of bikes showed up.

--G

Goergie, you missed a nice slice of heaven today, and I'm not talking about the strawberry pie that Niehart horked down at lunch.

Bing Lost Valley Road WA and you'll see a sweet little I5 detour that adds another 60 miles to the route.

I had it in mind to take a buncha of pix on the run today, but Niehart and Beemer Reemer and I never really wanted to slow down. We ran it twice.

I was so tired when I rolled in around 4 this afternoon it was all I could to cook up a batch of hand rolled chicken-green chile/cheese tamales, hand made tortillas, and pot of New Mexican Pozole. I did manage to get a shot of that for you...

P1020712.jpg
I used to live in Doty, Pe Ell, Chehalis and have traveled Lost Valley Road hundreds of times. It used to be the main route to Grandma's house, quite literally "Over the river and through the woods..." Still have two aunts who live right next to LV Road. Beautiful ride!

Yep, great day yesterday. :) Thanks to George for posting and "motivating".

Managed to see Chris do a small wheelie on the GS as he pulled away. ;) Intentional or not, it was cool to see the big GSA in action. Clearly those rigs can devour the miles.

Also got to take a Husqvarna TE 630 for a short test ride. Much more impressed than I thought I would be. Seat was comfortable enough, though I'll admit I was only on the bike for a few miles around the dealership neighborhood. Managed to find an empty parking lot and do some curb hopping, which the bike never even noticed.

I liked it, but remain on the fence...

P1020712.jpg
Hudson Old Buddy, would you please share your New Mexican Posole recipe with your Papa Chuy Viejo? I love both Posole and Menudo, I will be riding out very soon to Los Hermanos Restaurant in Superior, Arizona for their famous Domingo Menudo. https://www.loshermanosrestaurant.com/ Here is my very favorite Menudo recipe Chuy prepares:

Here's the recipe Los Hermanos uses for their menudo. It's a same recipe throughout Mexico States of Chihuahua y Sonora!

Menudo, Sonora y Chihuahua Style

Ingredients

3 lbs honeycomb tripe: Tripa de la Vaca

Water

2 pigs’ feet, split

2 cloves garlic, crushed

2 bay leaves

1 large onion, diced or sliced thin

Salt and pepper to taste

2 sprigs fresh mint

2 jalapeño peppers

1 29-ounce can white hominy, drained

Dried oregano, chopped onion, dried chili

flakes, lemon wedges

Cooking Instructions

1. Cut the tripe into 1-inch squares. Rinse the tripe well. Put it in enough water to cover.

2. Add the pigs’ feet, garlic, bay leaves, and onion and about 1 tbsp salt and a few grinds

of pepper. Sprigs of mint and jalapeño peppers can go in at this time.

3. Cover the pot and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, until the tripe is done to your taste. I

like mine still a bit on the chewy side, but it can be cooked tender or even mushy, if you

prefer.

4. Remove the bay leaves, chilies, and mint. Add the hominy and simmer for an

additional 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.

5. Serve in large bowls, with small bowls on the side filled with the condiments, which

can be sprinkled on top, and a bowl of lemon wedges for those who would like to

squeeze on a little lemon juice.

Yup George it was a pleasant ride, nice dealership, pleasant company and great hotdogs. Saw lots of bikes and I was surprised how physically large the rt1200s were when up close, might be lighter than the FJR but look bulkier. Back the west valley road was like a nice treat at the end, and I got to finish like I started on High Bridge-totally deserted.

Hudson Old Buddy, would you please share your New Mexican Posole recipe with your Papa Chuy Viejo?
Sure Beemerdons. Mine is super easy and super quick. Here's the ticket:

Start with a pressure cooker. Not the jiggle top kind like yer mama used to have, but a modern on (preferably 6-8 qts). Reason being that you can cook up a chicken in about 25 min instead of all day on the crock pot, and the chili broth left over will become the stock for the pozole. If you have time (or have 2 pressure cookers), you can do your own hominy, but I usually buy hominy and corn out of the can. I do pressure cook my own black or pinto beans, takes about 45 min vs. all day long on a crock pot. You can't tell the difference in taste.

1. Take 4 chicken breast fryers and remove the skin. Place them in the pressure cooker.

2. In a mixing bowl, add the following (more or less): 1/4 oz of ground pasilla chili powder, and 1/2 oz of New Mexican red chile powder. I buy "El Guapo" brand which you can find in any grocery store's "Mexican section", or if my New Mexico relatives are nice, I use the stuff they sent me. Add a tablespoon of garlic powder. Mix together, then whisk in 30 0z of chicken stock. Add a 1/2 tablespoon of Chipotle salsa. Pour all this into the pressure cooker, then place the lid and cook the chicken under high pressure for 20 min, allow natural release.

3. Remove the chicken, then strain out the bones. Transfer stock to a stock pot, add in 10-15 oz of additional chicken stock, and one 15 oz can of strained hominy, one 14 oz can of strained corn kernels, and a 4.5 oz can of green chiles with liquid.

4. Add in one large fresh tomato, chopped. Cook down broth for about 10 min.

5. Take 1/2 the chicken meat, remove from the bone, and gently fork split the meat (not shredded, just split). Add to the stock. Let cook in the pot for 10 min. Salt/pepper to taste. Use the other half of the chicken for tacos, tacquitos, quesadillas or tamales, with the meat fork shredded.

6. Right before serving, take one large yellow/sweet onion, chop finely,add to the posole. Serve in bowls, then sprinkle with fresh cilinatro and serve with homemade corn tortillas.

Muchas Gracias, Hudson! I have this saved to my Chuy Menu Files, Fairlaner is coming to mi Arizona Casa at the end of this month and I will cook this up for Richard!

Yep, great day yesterday. :) Thanks to George for posting and "motivating".Managed to see Chris do a small wheelie on the GS as he pulled away. ;) Intentional or not, it was cool to see the big GSA in action. Clearly those rigs can devour the miles.Also got to take a Husqvarna TE 630 for a short test ride. Much more impressed than I thought I would be. Seat was comfortable enough, though I'll admit I was only on the bike for a few miles around the dealership neighborhood. Managed to find an empty parking lot and do some curb hopping, which the bike never even noticed. I liked it, but remain on the fence...
Sorry to interrupt Martha Stewart's cooking channel :cheffsmiley: :bleh:

Well I could say yes it was intentional,but no just got to learn where the throttle position is for spirited take offs v wheelies :haha: . I got crap over the Scala as Di was not quite ready for such an take off :headbonk: , but afterwards she thought it was ok.

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves sorry we could not stick around but it was a long day.

Free food and the ability to ride some cool bikes is always fun.

Duane, it took us ages to make the decision on which bike, when you get the right one you will know.

Good to see ya all again, see you @Techday