Say no to slow KTM 1190R in the right hands

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hudson, my heart almost aches for you. Arguably one of the top 10 bitchenest 2014 rides and there she sits, broke dick.

Ok, I'll now offer you 5,000 USD cash for that POS! :lol:

Onto the nicer kinder side of me, even with events like this, it's still better to work on the bike yourself.

Good luck, it sounds like you and Auburn have a good plan.

Take some pix and keep us posted!

Ok, I'll now offer you 5,000 USD cash for that POS!
laugh.png
6. And my checks don't bounce like Donnie's.

Well?? The suspense is killing me. You have brand new Black and Orange in the garage. Fixed? Did you ride it today?

Ohhh that 1190 is just saying " beat me, I'm trash"

I was in the garage tonight finishing úp wiring of the GPS, LED lights, and other gadgets, so no progress on the bolt. Auburn convinced me I was probably not up to the task with my current tools, so waiting till we both have free time.

Might check the air filter too. Looks like the 14's are leakers..

Last edited by a moderator:
Put the Unifilter kit in over the weekend. Nice kit: it comes with filters for the snorkles, a pre and main filter, and a "gasket filter" for the box.

The only thing troublesome was the 25 odd screws it took to remove the plastic and fuel tank. First time is always a bitch.

I think it's pretty darn coolio you're farkling my next bike for me! Just remember I called first dibs for when you're tired of that Orange beast.
bike.gif
flirt.gif
angel.gif

So...dropped the bike off at the dealer to fix a warranty issue, and they can remove the bolt for $50. Done. Added a set of oversized foot pegs to help out in the dirt, and pair of Cyra Pro Bend hand guards, just in case I manage to get intimate with a tree limb. The stock guards are decent, but plastic, and having the Cyra's on the Husky convinces me that its money well spent. Adding the shorty levers too.

Getting close to being done. Don, any preference on exhaust or luggage options? Thinking a set of ultra slim Holan Nomada's will keep the look just right but add some versatility. Also need a bar-mounted radar mount.

So...dropped the bike off at the dealer to fix a warranty issue, and they can remove the bolt for $50. Done. Added a set of oversized foot pegs to help out in the dirt, and pair of Cyra Pro Bend hand guards, just in case I manage to get intimate with a tree limb. The stock guards are decent, but plastic, and having the Cyra's on the Husky convinces me that its money well spent. Adding the shorty levers too.
Getting close to being done. Don, any preference on exhaust or luggage options? Thinking a set of ultra slim Holan Nomada's will keep the look just right but add some versatility. Also need a bar-mounted radar mount.
I'd go for soft waterproof luggage Don. The hardbags are ankle breakers on a bike like this when you have to dab. Sounds like it will still be low mileage by the time you get it since Hudson doesn't seem to be riding much.
wink.png

I'd go for soft waterproof luggage Don. The hardbags are ankle breakers on a bike like this when you have to dab. Sounds like it will still be low mileage by the time you get it since Hudson doesn't seem to be riding much.
wink.png
Yeah, but I get to give it some time through the single tracks to help break it in for him
punk.gif
smile.png
bike.gif

wink.png
Definitely soft bags. And Renazco custom seat. And SPOT tracker. Sirius too. Got any hi-way pegs mounted yet? Aux tank(s), plastic? Oh, lights.... any ClearWaters yet? Suspension upgrade? Yeah... I'm first in line, even if Doofuss single tracks it..
smile.png

Damn you Hudson! You are feeding motoHeroin to a motoBike Addict.. Have you NO shame?
flirt.gif

Pshaa... This isn't a liddle dual sport, kids. It's a BIG bike. Not something the owner will want to be crashing and picking up on a regular basis. The only "single track" this expensive bke will be capable of will be easily handled with some rugged hard bags. Just leave the gigantic Jesse's or other aluminum bags for the Beemer crowd.

I'd go with some hard, but rugged bags like Pelicans (or Seahorse clones) that will take a lickin' and keep on tickin', while keeping your gear dry conveniently! The advantage of carrying Pelicans instead of soft dry bags on an every day basis is immense.

<snip> Thinking a set of ultra slim Holan Nomada's will keep the look just right but add some versatility.
Hudson, If you want to check out the Holans that's what I chose / have on the Tenere. Great bags, very pleased with them after our trip last week.

--G

Latest posts