seating position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomerang

Reaction score
I am tall and thin so I always felt like I needed to set a little farther back on the seat. That put me where I thought was my best balance point. The problem with that is it puts a lot more pressure on my hands and wrist. Not to mention pressure on my tail bone. Lately I have found myself snuggling up a little closer to the tank. This as it turns out puts my balance at a better place and relieves most of the pressure on my wrist. This also puts my hips under me and takes the pressure off my back and tail bone. This is proba;y old news to most of you but to me this huge. Now if I can just get that sheepskin I think I would be happy enough with the stock seat.

1. Try googling: "Yoda site:FJRForum.com"

2. HeliBars minimize the wrist & back pain...check out the current group buy here.

4. Grip Puppies.

3. If you haven't gone to an aftermarket shield, you should. With the stock shield, I used to hunch over to escape the wind turbulence. At 6'2", my CalSci XL and aforementioned HeliBar make the ride much better.