Sell fully farkled, or reduce price and sell stock?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listed my VTX 1300 at two prices. Price A was as is, Price B was with the Boss Bags, Mustang Seat, and Honda backrest and luggage rack pulled off. The guy bought it at Price A. Did he try to get the fully farkled bike at Price B? Of course, but in the end, he saw that he was getting a great price for a nicely farkled bike, and if he had to go buy all that stuff himself, he would be in for a lot more.

Parts coming off this weekend. I will post in the classified section when they are off and I figure out a price.

The following will be what is being removed and what I paid:

Penske Shock ($860 new)
PowerCommanderV ($300 new)
Rear Trunk (I paid $200 used)
Garauld Highway peg mounts with Rivco pegs ($90 for mounts, $50 for pegs)
Cee Bailey 2+2 light tint wind screen ($180 new)
Delkevic Hex pipes ($369.95 new)
Baldwin Leather seats (I paid $525 used, $750 when new)

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked the wife if she picked up a package on the front door. Was expecting the pegs late last week but have been busy and kinda forgot. She also was "expecting a package and opened the peg box by mistake". She said "check the workbench". I did not see the packing......... They were in great shape. The look almost new!!

What concerns me the most is she never said what she was expecting in her package and hasn't said anything else about it. Oh well, I digress. I think I might have been outsmarted.

Thanks again. They look great. Looking forward to putting them on and trying them out!!

Hope u sell the bike!!

Asked the wife if she picked up a package on the front door. Was expecting the pegs late last week but have been busy and kinda forgot. She also was "expecting a package and opened the peg box by mistake". She said "check the workbench". I did not see the packing......... They were in great shape. The look almost new!! What concerns me the most is she never said what she was expecting in her package and hasn't said anything else about it. Oh well, I digress. I think I might have been outsmarted. Thanks again. They look great. Looking forward to putting them on and trying them out!! Hope u sell the bike!!
Thanks. I did my best to pack them just right, maybe a little overboard? I hope you enjoy them for many years.

Latest posts