• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling my 2013 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsmj

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm having to sell my 2013 FJR 1300 in new condition with only 4500 miles. The only noticeable scratches on her are from when I ran over a truck tread causing fines scratches on the bags. I'm asking $10,000 or best offer. I've not had as much time to ride her as I like but she's been started regularly. I'm in the Oil and Gas business and have been very busy. If interested, please let me know. Please tell your friends. I live in Houston, Texas. Thanks, Marc

Thank you. I wasn't sure what to come in with but I will adjust the price and go down to $8500. That is why I added the "or best offer." The buyer is buying essentially a new bike for this amount, it only has 4500 miles on it and they are all highway miles.

I always thought the '13 was a great looking yr in the color combo. The max cruise setting can be an issue for some, but for many, especially east of the Mississippi that do not LD it wouldn't matter. 4500 miles is nothing for a FJR for sure. Good luck.

^I agree on the color, always liked it, but then again I have a dull-grey '15 so whadda I know? And if that cruise limit is an issue for someone I understand a simple ECU flash can make that go away. GLWS.

Even with 4500 miles the price of low mileage fjr's has been down. I picked up a 13 last spring with 9-k miles with some accessories or 6500. GLWS

Even with 4500 miles the price of low mileage fjr's has been down. I picked up a 13 last spring with 9-k miles with some accessories for 6500. GLWS.

Great looking bike, but despite the low mileage, calling it "essentially a new bike" is an alternative fact. It is in fact a six year old bike - nothing we can do about that. Best of luck - I'm sure there is someone out there looking for a low mileage bike.

^I agree on the color, always liked it, but then again I have a dull-grey '15 so whadda I know? And if that cruise limit is an issue for someone I understand a simple ECU flash can make that go away. GLWS.
I am not aware of any flash programming after market that will change the cruise setting. I know there have been folks that put a later control unit on. Is there such an product that does change the settings? If so, then I would look at '13s harder as I often ride in the west where speed limits are 80 mph, meaning speed of traffic is often up to 10 over that, altho I usually stick to 5-8.

and PS, I like the '15 grey, and the new '19A also, great color IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not aware of any flash programming after market that will change the cruise setting. I know there have been folks that put a later control unit on. Is there such an product that does change the settings? If so, then I would look at '13s harder as I often ride in the west where speed limits are 80 mph, meaning speed of traffic is often up to 10 over that, altho I usually stick to 5-8.
I was under the impression a re-flash would although I have no first-hand knowledge. From Ivan's website:

All power & speed limiters removed

Cruise control speed limit can be lifted - This is optional- just indicate it on the form when you send us your ECU.

I'm planning on sending mine down to him sometime before the season begins. I'll ask and report back unless someone else can verify it.

I did the Flash with Ivan and it's smoother , faster, lighter , prettier, ... and the CC is unlimited. (so far as I know) . YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for your input. Yes, the bike is six years old but has always been garage kept and started regularly. If you know the FJR, this is a good price and a sought after color. I'm just selling for what I think is fair. These bikes are not inexpensive and are made to run....for many, many miles. Hate to have to sell but I know there is someone out there wishing they could afford this kind of excitement - it's a great opportunity for an excellent bike.

Can someone expand on the Cruise Control issues? I'm having an intermittent issue on the 2013 where the CC won't activate until I shut the engine down and fire it back up. Seems to work fine then.

Can someone expand on the Cruise Control issues? I'm having an intermittent issue on the 2013 where the CC won't activate until I shut the engine down and fire it back up. Seems to work fine then.
There was a limit on max speed for the cruise on the 2013 - I believe it was 82 mph. Ivan can remove that limit. You should do a search for Cruise problems. If you can't find the solution, start a new thread. People will help but they may not see it buried in a for sale ad.

Joe