Sending Streets & Trips maps via e-mail

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSFJR

Reaction score
I am trying to send an S & T map to some of our guys and am not having much luck. It appears that from S & T you "Send to - as picture" This takes you to Outlook which should be fine but I have not activated Outlook for my e-mail service and it just sits there. Any hints so that I can send these maps.

Thanks,

Chester

I've never had a problem saving a map as an image (jpeg or gif), using any email program, and attaching the image file. Of course, this works best if you're not emailing many maps.

I am trying to send an S & T map to some of our guys and am not having much luck. It appears that from S & T you "Send to - as picture" This takes you to Outlook which should be fine but I have not activated Outlook for my e-mail service and it just sits there. Any hints so that I can send these maps.
Thanks,

Chester

Quick and dirty way... go on line and download a copy of InfanView

A safe place is Tucows.com

Install and open Infanview

Then go to edit in S&T and Copy Map

Then paste into Infanview Do a Save As a jpeg or whatever.

Then you can save it to wherever you wish and attach it to an email.

No need Outlook....

How's that?

mary

Quick and dirty way... go on line and download a copy of InfanViewA safe place is Tucows.com

No need Outlook....

How's that?

mary
Thanks for the help. I am trying to get a route laid out from Smittys to the EOM. A few of us guys are going to meet at his place and then take the hopefully scenic backroads to the EOM.

I, for whatever reason, hate Outlook. I guess its because they try to ram it down your throat.

Chester

Thanks,

Chester
Thunderbird handles the files without a problem.

Your welcome.

I am trying to get a route laid out from Smittys to the EOM. A few of us guys are going to meet at his place and then take the hopefully scenic backroads to the EOM.
This looks like fun! We could stay somewhere south of Lexington, KY Thursday night and blow the rest of the way to EOM Friday in time for the group photo.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...mp;z=6&om=1

I'm happy to help plan the routes, as I rode through there last year for a few days from Lexington to Meadows of Dan, WV. Still got the actual route tracks saved in the GPS.

I am trying to get a route laid out from Smittys to the EOM. A few of us guys are going to meet at his place and then take the hopefully scenic backroads to the EOM.
This looks like fun! We could stay somewhere south of Lexington, KY Thursday night and blow the rest of the way to EOM Friday in time for the group photo.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...mp;z=6&om=1

I'm happy to help plan the routes, as I rode through there last year for a few days from Lexington to Meadows of Dan, WV. Still got the actual route tracks saved in the GPS.
Steve, that would be fine with me. I have never been in those areas and was basing part of the route on Readers Digest's book of Scenic Routes. Petey, Zzzip and myself are going to arrive in Bonne Terre sometime Weds. afternoon and leave Thurs. AM. If I remember correctly you typically come down in the AM to join us for the rides. Get hold of Smitty and we can work out the details. I look forward to the trip.

Chester