Sepang, Sepow!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, there is a different poster who goes by El Toro Joe. That's not me. It is my fault that our names are similar. When I chose my name, I was new, and since El Toro had not been claimed, the software let me claim it. Later, within a day or two, El Toro Joe noted that I'd stolen his name ... sigh...
That was a surprisingly long time ago.
Yeah...everyone should try and follow along...I was the drunk guy at EOM
smile.png

Ok finally watched the race at lunch today! LOL.....and hell yah if I watched earlier I'd be talking about it earlier!! I didn't realize there was people complaining of spoiliers?? If you don't want to know don't click on the post until you've watched!! It did make the anticipation that much greater watching though knowing "something" was gonna happen! I was actually two races down that I needed to catch up on, thank goodness for extended lunches!

Anyway all I can say is WOW! I'm a big Rossi fan but I do wish he used some of that experience to teach the little turd a lesson more discreetly....LOL. I could be off base here but MM didn't have much to lose and it kind of reminded me of taking a dive in hockey....dunno I'm thinking Rossi mighta been a bit surprised when he saw him go down, probably just meant to mess with him.....hmmm I got nothin......just Wow!

I'm only a novice, not knowing the ins and outs of MotoGP, but shouldn't team Yamaha superseed the nationality of the racers? Aren't Jorge and Vale teammates? Should Marcus actually be helping ANY Yamaha rider secure a championship?

I'm only a novice, not knowing the ins and outs of MotoGP, but shouldn't team Yamaha superseed the nationality of the racers? Aren't Jorge and Vale teammates? Should Marcus actually be helping ANY Yamaha rider secure a championship?
It would seem so, but at this point, one Yamaha rider is going to win it. Marquez wouldn't hurt Honda by helping one over the other.

In MotoGP the guy who you want to beat most is your team mate.

You both have essentially the same gear, although one rider may get new parts more quickly than the other, and both sides of the garage have their own engineers and technicians.

At the end of the day, if the factory Yamaha beats the factory Honda, the Honda boys can say that the Yamaha riders had an advantage, or vice versa.

If instead the factory Yamaha beats the other factory Yamaha, then the winner is the winner and the other is the loser.

The bad blood between Rossi and Lorenzo has been suppressed in the last two years, but it appears that they have now gone back to business as usual.

I think it is coming down to Spanish vs. Italian in this case.

Sounds like Brady er Rossi is taking a page out of the National Football League trials and tribulations.

Frankly, if there is a legal procedure that could vacate this penalty, I am for it, and I am glad that Rossi has "lawyered up."

I am reminded of Mr. Toad, who, after his frenetic ride, which ended in a 20 year prison sentence, wondered why he was so foolish as to not have gotten some lawyers involved on his behalf.

Honestly, Rossi did nothing more than take Marquez game to the extreme. He just applied Marquez "slow the other rider down" technique to perfection, and Marquez was not capable of coping with being on the other side of the game, so he crashed.

If Marquez were a better rider, and a smarter rider, he would not have run into Rossi's leg, caught his handlebar, and gone down.

The real amazing thing about the incident was that Rossi did not go down too. He nearly lost it as his own leg was pulled off the peg.

The other really amazing thing was how fast the commentators were ready to hang Rossi out to dry. By the end of the race, without even having seen the overhead helicopter shot, the commentators had condemned Rossi and pronounced that he had stained his entire career.

Phooey. I hope those guys are looking for another gig next season. Nick Harris is usually smarter than to stick his foot in it like that.

I already signed. The organization running the web site appears to be running it for profit and after you've signed they ask you to donate so that they can pursue others who would like to make the proposed change.

And then they follow up with further e-mails. I've gotten less than one a day, but I've gotten more than I would care for. I may have to block them.

Did you see that the FIM Chief wrote an open letter whining about the whining?

Marquez is a douche that had been pulling stunts for a while. The fact that he hasn't been punished for the shit he's done only enables him. What was it, two years ago he was in trouble for running someone off the track? He's got talent, but he should focus on winning instead of being irritating.

Rossi should know better and, in my opinion, should be able to hand Marquez his ass, so he should stop getting baited into bullshit and race. Whatever...Has no effect on my life, and I don't have that kind of talent, so they can do what they want.