shipping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoot

Reaction score
Can anybody hook me up with a reasonably priced shipper. I'm not concerned about it getting bumped because it's a wrecked bike that I'm getting the motor from. Thanks.

Scoot, a friend of mine just bought a new bike from a dealer 800 miles away and had it shipped for $300. The trucking company was "Rolling Thunder" -- I think the selling dealer hooked him up with them? Even after paying the shipping he saved $850 on the purchase. Bike was delivered without any problems when they said for the price they said.

Good Luck.

Scoot, a friend of mine just bought a new bike from a dealer 800 miles away and had it shipped for $300. The trucking company was "Rolling Thunder" -- I think the selling dealer hooked him up with them? Even after paying the shipping he saved $850 on the purchase. Bike was delivered without any problems when they said for the price they said.Good Luck.
Thank you. I will check into them. So far, the cheapest quote I have is $550 from CA to OH.

I sent Rolling Thunder a quote request, but haven't heard back yet. Incidentally, according to their web page, they do not deliver to Ohio or anywhere in the midwest or northeast/New England area.

As another option, how about a freight company? You'd probably have to crate the bike and drain the fluids. Prolly an extra fee for a liftgate delivery unless you picked it up at their terminal.

Try Forward Air, they ship terminal to terminal usually. You deliver the bike to the terminal and pick it up at another terminal.I believe you can strap it to a pallet and that's good enough to ship.

Thanks folks for your replies. I wound up going with a guy I found through "Uship" and he's cheaper than any of the other bids. He also delivers door to door and the bike doesn't have to be prepped.