Short Florida Ride - US1 to Sebastian

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a bad day when you can take a ride to the beach. No gloves? Even in hot weather, my summer riding gloves are very comfortable. Couldn't ride without them.

That doesn't look like PA to me.
biggrin.png

I used to live that way. Bought my first bike when living in Melbourne. My daily commute took me to Merritt Island and I took the scenic route on the bike. Once a week I had to work down in Vero Beach, so that whole area is kind of my old stomping grounds.

I live in the area and that is one of my favorite rides. I fly a Piper out of Sebastian airport in the morning and what a view of the Indian River and ocean.

Nice; thanks. Wonderfully edited to fit the soundtrack. I really like the helmet-mount view, as that gives me an idea of what you look at as you ride.

Lived in Brandon, FL, for 18 years: flat, hot, palm trees, scrub palmetto, and somebody fishing from every single bridge I ever drove over. Changes in elevation only for Interstate interchanges and the Intracoastal Waterway. Enjoyed it a lot, though.

Uncle Hud posted: Lived in Brandon, FL, for 18 years
gixxerjasen posted: How long have you been gone and have you been back recently? I lived off of Providence rd. and moved from there back in 1996 and holy crap has it changed.
Moved "up north" to Atlanta about ten years ago and haven't been back. My grown sons have, though, and report the same phenomenon you do. We lived off Windhorst Road, and my boys walked to Limona Elementary. Lots of orange and tangelo groves all along Windhorst and Telfair back then.

There's nothing like a ride through citrus groves at night when the trees are in blossom. Smells like French perfume.

I can do neither, but I can ride long straight farm to market roads all year long.
biggrin.png