Sierra Passes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As near as I can find out Bucks Lake ( Oroville-Quincy highway) is closed on the butte county side due to big slide last winter. Anyone been up there yet? It is open from Quincy to the butte county line.

Ride it from Quincy and let us know.....
Shoot! I totally forgot that road crosses County boundaries. I called Butte County to get the latest info. It's not only closed, at best, it won't be open until next summer. :( Bummer....

And the answer for 120 (Tioga Pass) through the Yosemite high country is . . .

Today, June 29 !!! Open now for your summer riding pleasure, only 4 weeks late for YFO.
tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot! I totally forgot that road crosses County boundaries. I called Butte County to get the latest info. It's not only closed, at best, it won't be open until next summer.
sad.png
Bummer....
Damn, there goes a few Sunday morning rides on the Supermoto. I could cry......
cryingsmiley.gif

Shoot! I totally forgot that road crosses County boundaries. I called Butte County to get the latest info. It's not only closed, at best, it won't be open until next summer.
sad.png
Bummer....
cryingsmiley.gif
Oh quit your crying, come over for "HOOTERVILLE" this fall and make up for what you're missing now. JSNS

sad.png
Bummer....
cryingsmiley.gif
Oh quit your crying, come over for "HOOTERVILLE" this fall and make up for what you're missing now. JSNS
OK, sounds like a plan to me.

sad.png
Bummer....
cryingsmiley.gif
I dun HWY 49, to 162 outta Quincy, (Bucks Lake/Quincy HWY) a few weeks back, 'n the road is closed; kinda. There's a massive washout, but a deer trail along the edge, I wuz able to ride it on mah FZ6 on 'n get through; though not sure I'd try on the FJR? Butt you should b fine on the sumo Buggy.

Did La Port yesterday, 'n it wuz grand! (As always) They fixed the massive slide on 70, butt there's still the one lane/stop light shittereee. They tar snaked 'n ruined the good part on the west just before the bike joint. :(

Petey, Oface and I were on 70 the day they started the Tar Snakes. Ruined one of the better sections on road on the planet. 49 north of Nevada City has paving to the middle fork of the Yuba River...hurry up people and finish the project!

sad.png
Bummer....
cryingsmiley.gif
I dun HWY 49, to 162 outta Quincy, (Bucks Lake/Quincy HWY) a few weeks back, 'n the road is closed; kinda. There's a massive washout, but a deer trail along the edge, I wuz able to ride it on mah FZ6 on 'n get through; though not sure I'd try on the FJR? Butt you should b fine on the sumo Buggy.

Did La Port yesterday, 'n it wuz grand! (As always) They fixed the massive slide on 70, butt there's still the one lane/stop light shittereee. They tar snaked 'n ruined the good part on the west just before the bike joint.
sad.png
I rode La Porte for the first time last week. Fun road! Quincy/Oroville won't be fixed until <maybe> next summer. :( Damn shame...

Petey, Oface and I were on 70 the day they started the Tar Snakes. Ruined one of the better sections on road on the planet. 49 north of Nevada City has paving to the middle fork of the Yuba River...hurry up people and finish the project!
On mah way up to our Mountain compound yesterday, wuz go'in up (Lower) HWY 70; from 191 to Pentz was repaved. Hopefully they're gonna continue up though Yankee Hill, 'n over that good section. ;)